It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Team Invitation shows two different host names

Steve Viens (61185) | asked Jul 07 '09, 2:56 p.m.
Notice that the invitation below includes two urls to the same RTC server. The text indicating the new team member can explore the project area points to a host named "jazz.pmit.domain.com" (which is a network alias in the DNS) and the text included in the email that should be copy-pasted into the RTC client indicates a host name "jazz-pm.domain.com" which is the actual name of the node in DNS.

I'd prefer to use the alias (jazz.pmit.domain.com) but if doing so will have unexpected results then I won't. Anyone got an idea how to fix?

Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 1:25 PM
To: Doe, John
Subject: Welcome to the Numenor Team

You have been invited to join the Jazz team Numenor.

You can explore the related project area via the web UI at https://jazz.pmit.domain.com:9443/jazz/web/projects/Numenor.

Use File>Accept Team Invitation within the Rational Team Concert client to open the Accept Team Invitation dialog.

Copy the invitation below and paste into the Accept Invitation text field.

teamRepository=https://jazz-pm.domain.com:9443/jazz/
userId=jdoe
userName=John Doe
projectAreaName=Numenor

NOTE: I've changed the names, ID's and domain names in the email invitation above.

2 answers

permanent link
Ryan Manwiller (1.3k1) | answered Jul 07 '09, 4:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You might try this (you'll need to be in the JazzAdmins group):

- Go to the jazz web ui at /jazz/admin
- Go to the Server tab
- In the left nav under Configuration, click Advanced Properties
- Search for the "Host Name" property and set it to the one you'd like to be used
- Scroll back to the top and Save
- My understanding is this should not required a restart of the jazz server (but if its no inconvenience to restart it, you might do that)
- Try sending an invitation again and see if the host name is as you expect.

---
Ryan Manwiller
Jazz Team

permanent link
Steve Viens (61185) | answered Jul 08 '09, 6:38 a.m.
Thanks, that worked. It did require a restart of the server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.