It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

deployment of plugin

vikrant kamble (1322996) | asked Jun 10 '15, 8:07 a.m.
edited Jun 10 '15, 8:35 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645)
I am trying to deploy a plug in on server
I followed exact procedure given in the following link
https://www.ibm.com/developerworks/community/blogs/extendingrtc/entry/checksummaryadvisor?lang=en
but in the end i am not able to see "Check Summary Advisor" in the list of preconditions to save work item
Is there any potential step I missed
I am using rtc eclipse 5.0.2

Comments
vikrant kamble commented Jun 10 '15, 8:40 a.m.

Here are some exceptions which are shown in ccm log file

[       Launch callback handler] ERROR eam.repository.provision.internal.ProvisionService  - CRJAZ0291E The following bundle could not be started: com.ibm.team.repository.service 1.3.200.v20141015_2351. The server might need to be reprovisioned or reinstalled.
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: State change in progress for bundle "file:/E%3a/IBM/JAZZTE~1/server/conf/ccm/sites/update-site/plugins/com.ibm.team.repository.service_1.3.200.v20141015_2351.jar" by thread "Start Level Event Dispatcher".
Caused by: org.eclipse.osgi.framework.internal.core.AbstractBundle$BundleStatusException

[ccm: AsynchronousTaskRunner-0 @@ 15:31] ERROR t.internal.registry.AbstractActivationManagerOwner  - The class "com.ibm.team.jfs.sdk.query.ISparqlQueryService" failed to load. The bundle "com.ibm.team.enterprise.buildmap.service" could not find the class.
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.team.jfs.sdk.query.ISparqlQueryService

there are many like these

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 10 '15, 8:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You most likely missed something in the step

" Before starting the server, we must create a provision file for our site to load. This file should be created in the \server\conf\ccm\provision_profiles. Create a text file with the following content and name it rtc-summary-check-advisor-site.ini "

However, try to do the extensions workshop first and when you know how this works (and can debug before you deploy) try the advisor above again. 

vikrant kamble commented Jun 10 '15, 9:06 a.m. | edited Jun 10 '15, 9:07 a.m.

I followed everything in that link
I also added rtc summary check advisor site.ini file in that directory
and started server
Is there any problem of white space because while creating feature project it was not accepting "rtc-check-summary-advisor-feature" therefore I used white space instead of hash(-) in naming of plugin project, feature project and site project.
Is this the issue?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 10 '15, 8:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Usually this means that you did something wrong, have a typo or other problems. The post is very short and if this is the first time you do it, consider performing the 
  which explains a lot more, allows you to setup a debugging environment and explains deployment more as well.

I tried to put more around these things into https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/ especially 
Setting up Rational Team Concert for API Development, to help understanding better what you do.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.