It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

jts and rtc eclipse client taking too long to start

vikrant kamble (1323196) | asked Jun 10 '15, 5:58 a.m.
Whenever i start jts after i start windows it takes too long to start. Same with the eclipse rtc client
i have uninstalled all the unwanted application but still i am facing same issue.
what is reason of this? and how to resolve this problem?

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 10 '15, 6:40 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 What does too long mean? You want to provide more details and things like operating system, RTC version and the like, if you hope for any answers.

Without any information I would guess too few memory, slow disk and processor. 

Comments
vikrant kamble commented Jun 10 '15, 7:18 a.m.

here are details of my system
windows 7 professional
RTC version 5.0.2
processor Intel(R)core(TM)2 duo CPU E7500 @ 2.93GHz
Ram 4gb

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 10 '15, 7:24 a.m. | edited Jun 10 '15, 7:28 a.m.

Too few memory, as I said. The system is probably ending up swapping. I think 8gb is what you should at least have.

Other factors are App server? What DP? DB on the same box?

If you have everything on the same box - I would still assume 8GB is the minimum you should have. I have run CLM completely with Tomcat and Derby for testing on a 8 and 12 GB machine.

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 10 '15, 7:37 a.m.

Please keep in mind this is an enterprise solution.
See the system requirements https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/CLMSystemRequirements50 shows only 4GB, but I think that is at the edge and assumes the DB on a different server.

Also, the first time you start the server it needs a lot more time to deploy the applications.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.