It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JTSMon 5.0.2 showing compatibility error.

Tojan John (1172476) | asked Jun 09 '15, 8:16 a.m.
  Hi,

We have RTC 5.0.2 version on linux server. I downloaded "JTSMon_5.0.2_RTC4.0.2GA" from https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/JTSMonFAQ#Download_JTSMon . 

While running monitor from my machine after configuring jm.properties, getting below error

Task: ServerSetup(1) ServerVersionCheckException:com.ibm.team.repository.client.ServerVersionCheckException: Your client is version 4.0.2, and the server is version 5.0.2.  These versions are not compatible.

One answer

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jun 09 '15, 4:45 p.m.
You might ( or ask to have checked ) the Advanced property of the target application server.

Minimum client-compatibility version

The default value would be 4.0 in a 5.X environment.  If it contains 4.0.3 or 5 anything or the "Compatability Mode" is STRICT that message can be presented.

Comments
Tojan John commented Jun 10 '15, 4:28 a.m.

Kevin,

You are right. In server we have set property to allow client with 5.0.2 version.

How to overcome the JTSMon compatibility issue. I have RTC 4.0.2, 4.0.4 and 5.0.2 in my machine. 

Kevin Ramer commented Jun 10 '15, 9:03 a.m.

It looks like the 4.0.2 Jazz client libraries are embedded in the JTSMon.jar. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.