It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

"Team Execution Status for Test Cases" not working on a Team dashboard

Isabel Torres (631038) | asked Jun 08 '15, 12:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
hi,

I am using RQM 5.0.2

I am trying to setup a widget for "Team Execution Status for Test Cases" on a team dashboard but the "settings" window is not opened, I clicked on the "settings" and nothing happen.

However I am able to setup a widget of that same type on the project dashboard, of the same project area.

The permissions on the team dashboard are inherited from the overall project area permissions.

I am the Administrator of both the team area and the project area.

Is that a defect?

Thanks!

Comments
Don Yang commented Jun 08 '15, 8:50 p.m.

This viewlet looks very buggy. Even though I  can set up the same widget on project dashboard, if you filter it with the team area, then I will no longer be able to bring up the settings any more. It looks to me this is a defect.

Isabel Torres commented Jun 10 '15, 5:48 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thank you Don!

Accepted answer

permanent link
paul chu (59411) | answered Jun 09 '15, 11:05 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
It seems that the itemId of the viewlet scope is used in the query to fetch the project data for the execution states.  Since the viewlet is in a team dashboard, the itemId is for the team area not the project.  The fetched data does not have the expected execution states and caused an exception.  We will fix that and track with defect 138181.
Isabel Torres selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Isabel Torres commented Jun 10 '15, 5:45 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thank you Paul! :-)

One other answer

permanent link
paul chu (59411) | answered Jun 09 '15, 10:12 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.