It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to track hours between 2 months in iteration ?

Cesar Sasaki (511285124) | asked Jun 08 '15, 11:13 a.m.
Hi

I have a timeline for "Maintenance" and an Iteration for each month "June", "July", "August" , etc.

I have a requirement with task as childrens. The requirement is "planned for" "Maintenance" and the tasks are "planned for" a month like "June".

How can I manage if one of  my task is planned for "Jun" and starts on June 28th and ends in July 8th? If I use the TimeTracking for the exact days , all the hours sum for the iteration "June". Can the RTC detect that the task is across 2 months and sum the hours from June to "June" and the ones from July to "July" iteration?

I possible option is create 2 tasks one for June and one from July but I wanted to not do double work of creating 2 tasks.

Thanks

One answer

permanent link
Tiago Moura (8387) | answered Jun 08 '15, 1:41 p.m.
 Hi Cesar,

Iterations are a abstract concept in RTC, so you can use on the way you want. But, usually they are associated with the idea of "time box period", where you can plan and execute some work. If you plan a work item for June, but you do not have capacity to execute all the job util the end o June you have few options:

1 - plan the item to July
2 - replan when July comes
3 - split the work into 2 tasks

About the time spent on the task execution, I'm pretty sure you do not have to associate the time tracking work with Iterations, you can easily extract reports using dates. In this way you do not have to concern about how your work item is planned for.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.