It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Unable to choose non default editor types with custom work item type

Fred Bickford (281632) | asked Jun 08 '15, 10:37 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Jun 08 '15, 1:35 p.m. by Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035)
 I have created a new RTC work item type that I duplicated from defect, and created it with a new category as I wish to have a different process/default values etc...

when I go to choose the various Workitem editors(other than the first work item editor), Inline Editor,Lightweight,plan editor etc.. 
do not allow me to click edit(the drop down is enabled, yet does not show the editors that i have created
looking to see how I can select a specific editor.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 09 '15, 3:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have never experienced anything like that. Can you provide a screenshot? Otherwise I'd open a support request.

Fred Bickford commented Jun 09 '15, 12:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I cannot add an attachment unfortunately, as it says I dont rate high enough :-)..yet send you both  ascreenshot
directly(sorry for that)  

I am doing all my work in the eclipse client.

To duplicate it I went into editor presentations selected the default defect editor then clicked duplicate
provided a name for my defect type (I wanted to start with the base defect and change it slightly)

somewhere during the editing/unlocking of a section (I thought I was pretty careful to create duplicates rather then unlock and make changes across my copy and the original defect) somehow how the header was removed..

If I try to reuse the existing header for the default defect, it says " slot must not be empty"

Thanks

Fred

Stephanie Bagot commented Jun 09 '15, 1:05 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

OK, so I went into editor presentations and duplicated editor.default and named it 'test'. The header persisted.
However, if you want to re-add the header, see my comment here:
https://jazz.net/forum/questions/198214/how-do-i-recereate-my-default-work-item-header?page=1&focusedAnswerId=198220#198220

When you add header, choose to re-use an existing section: com.ibm.team.workitem.header.default. There are no entries under Key/Value for the default header.
By selecting the section I mentioned above, the "OK" dialog should be enabled.

The slot it uses is the "Header Section" (which is normally shared). I couldn't tell from your screenshot, but perhaps this is what is empty. If it is, you may have replaced the default section with an empty one.

Fred Bickford commented Jun 09 '15, 2:01 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

additionally adding a summary to the details section(submission of WI fails without summary ) does not work, so RTC must expect summary and state to be in the header

One answer

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Jun 09 '15, 12:00 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
How did you duplicate the work item? If it is using it's own category, then it won't duplicate anything from the other work item types.
Are you customizing your work items in the web? Make sure you are using a supported browser, or even try to save the project area and then logout. Can you edit the drop downs now? If not, I would agree with Ralph and suggest you open up a PMR with support.

Comments
Fred Bickford commented Jun 09 '15, 12:50 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

see comment on thread above

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.