It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Error while initializing a project area. I'm stuck

Juan Pablo Bruno (26710) | asked Jun 05 '15, 2:50 p.m.
 I have created a project area from the Web UI. I have an initialization error due to the fact that some pre-conditions where not present in the process configuration. I've faced this situation before, but I was always able to create these timelines and teams, and everything worked.

Now, I cannot initialize/archive/modiffy/do-anything with this project area. Is there a way of fixing this?

We're using RTC 5.0.2.

3 answers

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Jun 12 '15, 6:26 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Juan,

There is some item that is being saved, but the version that is being saved is older than the version in the database. This could be due to one of the preconditions in the initialization, or it could be due to the internal state of some item in the database.

Are you able to save other changes to the project area? For instance, can you change the description?

Are you able to create and initialize a new project area from the same template?

Ruby
Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz Foundation L3 Development Team Lead

permanent link
Juan Pablo Bruno (26710) | answered Jun 12 '15, 3:51 p.m.
 Hi Martha,

the information I have is: 

"Problem occurred initializing project area.
UpdateItemCurrentRow failure:  Params=[_vZMtMBE7EeWjrIqJnzSyCA,_3fC-yguwEeWjrIqJnzSyCA,_3l9fFQuwEeWjrIqJnzSyCA]" - So, I have no clue on what does this mean.

Then, on the Team Advisor view panel, the error is:

Stale data. "CRJAZ6054E The operation cannot be run because the repository contains a newer version of the item it tried to modify. Refresh from the repository and try the operation again."

The operation behavior has the id: com.ibm.team.process.client.initializeProjectArea. But I cannot take any good information out of this.

I'm lost as I don't understand what's the repository the error message refers about.

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered Jun 05 '15, 5:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Can you give details of the error? Was there a message? Was there a stack trace in the ccm.log file?

You should be able to edit the process configuration in the Eclipse client to get rid of the parts that do not apply to you, then re-initialize the project area.

Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz Foundation L3 Development Team Lead

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.