It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM 2.0 M2 DOORS 9.2 integration

yair shaked (13197) | asked Jul 07 '09, 10:30 a.m.
my environment is windows server 2003 enterprise ,RQM 2.0 M2 and doors 9.2
i have installed RQM interface for doors and configure RQM server and user as part of the installation process , but i'm not able to see RQM test plan from DOORS -> RQM -> export to RQM (select test plan from the list). ( i can see the RQM project area so i guess the integration is ok)
when i try to choose the other option to create a new test plan i see some progress bar but in the RQMI console i see ERROR that doors database is not registered on the RQMI server
so i understand that there are 2 problems
1. doors does not see test plan from Quality manager project area (when try to use test plan from RQM)
2. doors database does not registered in RQMI (when create new test plan)

13 answers

permanent link
Alexander Assall (1211) | answered Jul 13 '09, 10:59 p.m.
For issue #1, please double check the RQM username/password used in integration is correct. Also, please double check you do have test plans in this project area. If not, you can use 'admin -p' to change it.

For issue #2, it is due to you didn't register your DOORS database. You can use this command to register it. admin -a {database name} 36677 {doors user name} {doors password}

You can use admin -? to see the usage. Hope it helps.

permanent link
Rainer Hochecker (4175) | answered Jul 16 '09, 5:02 a.m.
I got the information that integration is currently only working with RQM 1.x, not 2.0.

//Rainer

my environment is windows server 2003 enterprise ,RQM 2.0 M2 and doors 9.2
i have installed RQM interface for doors and configure RQM server and user as part of the installation process , but i'm not able to see RQM test plan from DOORS -> RQM -> export to RQM (select test plan from the list). ( i can see the RQM project area so i guess the integration is ok)
when i try to choose the other option to create a new test plan i see some progress bar but in the RQMI console i see ERROR that doors database is not registered on the RQMI server
so i understand that there are 2 problems
1. doors does not see test plan from Quality manager project area (when try to use test plan from RQM)
2. doors database does not registered in RQMI (when create new test plan)

permanent link
Naruki Morita (361) | answered Aug 12 '09, 10:41 p.m.
>I got the information that integration is currently only working with RQM 1.x, not 2.0.
>
>//Rainer

Does anybody know when RQMv2.0-DOORSv9.2 be available?

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8281269) | answered Aug 13 '09, 8:40 a.m.
>I got the information that integration is currently only working with RQM 1.x, not 2.0.
>
>//Rainer

Does anybody know when RQMv2.0-DOORSv9.2 be available?

According to the "What's new in 2.0", it's now...

https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/releases/2.0?p=news

permanent link
Naruki Morita (361) | answered Aug 19 '09, 1:49 a.m.
When I try to export to RQMv2.0 from DOORSv9.2, I got an error like below.

------------------
The command could not be executed.
Details: Connection to server could not be established.
There may be a problem with the RQM Interface server.

Please inform the system administrator.
------------------

Does anyone know how to resolve?

permanent link
Rainer Hochecker (4175) | answered Aug 26 '09, 2:29 p.m.
The API of RQM changed from 1.x to 2.0. This broke the integration. A fix will come with the next release/patch of DOORS.

//Rainer

When I try to export to RQMv2.0 from DOORSv9.2, I got an error like below.

------------------
The command could not be executed.
Details: Connection to server could not be established.
There may be a problem with the RQM Interface server.

Please inform the system administrator.
------------------

Does anyone know how to resolve?

permanent link
Naruki Morita (361) | answered Aug 27 '09, 12:14 a.m.
Thanks Rainer,

I would like to wait for the next realse/patch of DOORS.

permanent link
Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k8281269) | answered Aug 27 '09, 9:27 a.m.
Thanks Rainer,

I would like to wait for the next realse/patch of DOORS.

Hello,

I'm sorry, please correct me on the outstanding issue. Can I integrate DOORS 9.2 and RQM 2.0 right now?

permanent link
Helen Lozoraitis (60624) | answered Aug 27 '09, 3:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
From what I have gathered, the answer appears to be Not Yet. If you want to run with RQM 2.0 then you will need to wait for the DOORS update that will be coming out. The issue may be related to defect 16990 that was listed in the RQM 2.0 Release Notes tab on the Download page.

permanent link
Michel Ott (7675) | answered Sep 18 '09, 9:47 a.m.
Hi

The Doors 9.2 integration with RQM 2.0 works only with the Fix Pack 1 for Doors 9.2 --> results in Doors 9.2.0.1. This Fix Pack 1 should be available on Monday on the Fix Center.

Here more information:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?rs=4024&context=SSYQBZ&context=SSYQDN&context=SSYQCV&context=SSRP3F&context=SSRP43&context=SSRP9G&context=SS7PHS&context=SS7PG7&dc=D400&uid=swg24024212&loc=en_US&cs=utf-8&lang=en

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.