It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Leftover locks in DOORS Next Gen

Susan Newcomer (1312) | asked Jun 04 '15, 12:50 p.m.

We are currently testing DOORS Next Gen and I noticed that there are locks leftover from 2 days ago.  Is it normal for locks to remain even when a person is no longer logged into DNG?  I asked how the person exited and they indicated they just closed the window.  I don't know if they were actively editing the artifact at the time they closed the window or not.

I did have the option to unlock the artifact; is this option available to any type user or just to Administrators?

2 answers

permanent link
Deise Côrtes (511210) | answered Jun 05 '15, 1:01 p.m.
 Hi Susan.

The lock does not expire. So, it will be there until somebody unlocks the artifact.
To prevent this from happening, the user should always click on Done after he finishes to edit the artifact. 
It he just logs out or close the browser while editing the artifact, RDNG will suppose that the user still have work to do in the artifact, and will keep it locked.

Regards,

permanent link
Deise Côrtes (511210) | answered Jun 04 '15, 3:21 p.m.
 Hello Susan,

This link provides an overview of the lock function in RDNG: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.rational.rrm.help.doc/topics/c_locking.html?lang=en

An artifact is locked when an user edits it. It will remain locked until the user clicks on "done" or if the user manually unlocks it.

By default, only administrators can unlock artifacts locked by other users.
But, you can allow other project roles to do that by providing them the permission "Modify Locks".
Please, take a look at http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSJJ9R_4.0.6/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/t_mod_permissions_web.html?lang=en for more information about how to change permissions for a project role.

Comments
Susan Newcomer commented Jun 04 '15, 3:44 p.m.

Deise,

Thank you for the information.  I am familiar with how the locks work while a user is in DNG.  What I don't understand, and could not find in the link you provided, is why the lock remained active even after the user had exited DNG.  The user locked the artifact on 6/2 and today I found it, that is 2 days after the fact.  I would have thought the lock would automatically get wiped out when the user closed out of DNG.

Thanks,
Susan

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.