It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

From a change set, can I determine which build(s) it is contained in?

James Palmer (3349) | asked Jun 04 '15, 11:22 a.m.
I have a program that is using C++.  As part of their review process, they'd like to open a change set and make sure it was associated to a build that passed.  Maybe there is a better way to do it?  They are using Jenkins to run their builds, and it returns build results.  From the build result, I can identify which change sets went in.  I'd like to be able to do the converse; from a change set, identify which build(s) it was included in.

2 answers

permanent link
Melissa Kivisto (2871021) | answered Jun 05 '15, 2:29 p.m.
You can use the "Locate Change set" feature on the change set to show which streams contain the change set. 
Then you will know any build on that stream since the change set was delivered, would contain that change set.

You can also see on the work item that the change set was associated with, there is a section "Included in Builds".  Note, however, that this will mean that as soon as one of the change sets associated with the WI is in a build, that build will show up, and hence not every build listed will necessarily have built all change sets.

Comments
James Palmer commented Jun 11 '15, 11:46 a.m.

Melissa, thanks for your response.  I was hoping that there was a simpler way to quickly identify if a change set had been run in a successful build. What you suggest will show me if it is included in a stream. We can then see if that stream has had a successful build... again, too many clicks...

permanent link
James Palmer (3349) | answered Jun 11 '15, 12:50 p.m.
So, I dug a little more... it is fairly easy to see what builds a specific work item is included in.  On the links tab of the work item, it has "Included in Builds" links.  That'll be sufficient, though it is at the work item level rather than the Change Set level... I'd really like to see the link at the change set level.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.