It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to delete a component in RTC 2.0?

Vinod Kumar (9612010) | asked Jul 03 '09, 12:54 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I create a Stream and workspace and components programatically in RTC2.0. Now I'm able to delete the stream and workspace but there is no option to delete a component in RTC. Please let me know how can Idelete a component.

5 answers

permanent link
Leandro David (721719) | answered May 15 '12, 3:52 p.m.

Hi Stephanie,
Thanks for replying. Just wanted to know if there is any specific reason not to provide a facility to delete a component from the source control as other RTC artifacts (streams,workspaces etc.) can be deleted or at least archived.

Hi, I'm facing the same problem.

Why can't I just remove the component from RTC at all ? Once created it can never be removed. It makes no sense for me.

is there a workaround for this ?

permanent link
Ronni Godfrey (16) | answered Feb 17 '11, 2:28 a.m.
Hi

During share project I get the error messages sor some of the files.
What is the solution?

Failed to upload File /RONNI_LIFE/MI_FORMAT_AMALOT/Source/MI_FORMAT_AMALOT.pco
CRJAZ1247I The request to the server failed. The server returned the http error 400 with error text "Bad Request". Examine any further details here or look in the server log files for more information on how to resolve the issue.

permanent link
Ronni Godfrey (16) | answered Feb 16 '11, 5:05 a.m.
What is the recomanded number of components in RTC project that will not cause performance issues

permanent link
Vinod Kumar (9612010) | answered Jul 06 '09, 12:30 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This information can be found in the Rational Team Concert InfoCenter:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/topic/com.ibm.team.concert.dotnet.doc/topics/t_deleting_components.html?resultof=%22delete%22%20%22delet%22%20%22component%22%20%22compon%22

To delete a component:

1. In the Team Artifacts tool window, expand the stream or workspace node.
2. Right-click the component that you want to delete and click Delete.
3. To confirm the delete operation, click Yes. If the component is already loaded, you are prompted to first unload the component; click Yes.

However, the delete operation just removes it from the stream or workspace, and not the course control.

Hi Stephanie,
Thanks for replying. Just wanted to know if there is any specific reason not to provide a facility to delete a component from the source control as other RTC artifacts (streams,workspaces etc.) can be deleted or at least archived.

permanent link
Stephanie Bagot (2.1k1513) | answered Jul 03 '09, 1:33 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
This information can be found in the Rational Team Concert InfoCenter:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/rtc/v2r0m0/topic/com.ibm.team.concert.dotnet.doc/topics/t_deleting_components.html?resultof=%22delete%22%20%22delet%22%20%22component%22%20%22compon%22

To delete a component:

1. In the Team Artifacts tool window, expand the stream or workspace node.
2. Right-click the component that you want to delete and click Delete.
3. To confirm the delete operation, click Yes. If the component is already loaded, you are prompted to first unload the component; click Yes.

However, the delete operation just removes it from the stream or workspace, and not the course control.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.