It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any way to automatically calculate time planned/ time spent in RTC?

Maria Victoria Martinez Torino (14924459) | asked Jun 03 '15, 10:41 a.m.
edited Jun 03 '15, 10:52 a.m.
Hi,
Let's say I have a project where the time entries on the Time Tracking are synchronized with the values entered in the Time Spent field.
Let's say also that I want to calculate team productivity (time planned / time spent) on a weekly and monthly basis.
So far the only way I can figure out is creating a query showing Time Spent and Estimate and Correction values of each work item, as well as the owner. The problem is, the user might have to export this query in an excel sheet format to manipulate and manually calculate what they want to measure.
Is there any way to obtain this "team productivity" automatically in RTC? If so, would it be possible to get this calculation by person/activity/phase of the project?
Any guidance will be much appreciated.
FYI - currently using RTC 5.0.2.
Vicky

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jun 03 '15, 10:47 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
As far as I know, this data would be available in the plans as team load. Can you look at Progress Bars, Load Bars, and the importance of estimating your work in Rational Team Concert and check if that is what you want?
I think there is also a report for the timesheets. You might want to look at that.

In addition, you could export the data and not let anyone change numbers and then use some Excel magic.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jun 03 '15, 10:53 a.m.

The data in the work item like estimation and the like should also be exposed to reports and you could look into Jazz Reporting Service to create a report with that data. For 6.x I saw a presentation that aggregated over columns. I am not sure if that is available in 5.0.2 though.

Luiz Almeida commented Aug 08 '15, 3:32 p.m.

Ralph, where did you see the presentation? Is it there available for download? Do you know?
Thank you.

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 27 '15, 9:39 a.m.

The presentation I saw is internal, however there are

https://jazz.net/library/article/1489
https://jazz.net/library/article/1470

an in 6.0 you can basically add a column that aggregates.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.