It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[JRS] What can members of JazzUsers group do in terms of report creation and configuration?

Andre Gusmao (802540) | asked Jun 02 '15, 5:49 p.m.
edited Jun 02 '15, 5:52 p.m.
 I have finished setting up JRS (5.0.2 + iFix005) and have been testing it. I noticed a series of constraints and limitations when I log in as a member of the JazzUsers group, such as:

- Empty reports (no data) are generated
- Work item types are not displayed under "Choose Artifacts" when creating a new report
- Project areas are not displayed under "Choose Scope" when creating a new report
- Iterations are not displayed after "Planned For" attribute is chosen under "Set Conditions" when creating a new report

This user has a Practitioner license assigned and I included it in the Report Managers group in JRS. Am I missing something here? Or these operations I'm trying to perform are only allowed for members of the JazzAdmin group? I can do all of these operations when I log in with a member of the JazzAdmin group.

Thanks!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Kevin Cornell (5411) | answered Jun 03 '15, 2:00 p.m.
Andre:

JRS implemented access control on the Rational Data Warehouse by filtering projects to which the user does not have access. Unfortunately, the only information that the DW keeps about a given user is his email address so every user trying to access the DW via JRS must:

1) Define an email address in his profile.
2) Be a member of a project area unless the project's permissions are "everyone".

As  test, if you are a JRS administrator (can be set on the JRS Admin page), you can edit the DW data source and uncheck the Project Access Control option. This will prevent the project area checking expressions from being injected into the SQL query.

Kevin
Andre Gusmao selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Andre Gusmao commented Jun 03 '15, 2:24 p.m.

Thanks Kevin! Unchecking the Project Access Control option worked. But I'll define an email address for the user because I'll need the Project Access Control to work.

Andre Gusmao commented Jun 03 '15, 2:24 p.m.

Thanks Kevin! Unchecking the Project Access Control option worked. But I'll define an email address for the user because I'll need the Project Access Control to work.

One other answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Jun 02 '15, 9:36 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Andre,
Does the user have membership/roles assigned to them for the project areas/team areas that you wish to see in the report builder?
The user having the CAL (practitioner license) and being a JazzUser is only part of it. You then need to add this user to project A or B and assign them a role. This role determines what they have access to.

I think this is the problem.
Try JKE Banking sample project with JRS.  Use Marco or Tammy to login and see what happens.

Comments
Andre Gusmao commented Jun 03 '15, 11:27 a.m.

Hi Rosa,

the user is a member of 3 project areas, and have a role assigned in each one of them. One thing I noticed in the log file is that the member of the JazzUser group doesn't have an e-mail address in his profile. The SQL queries in the log files seem to use the e-mail address to make a join between resources and project areas, but I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the issue. It's just something I noticed when compared the results for a JazzAdmins user and a JazzUsers user. Does it make any sense?

Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.