It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to calculate the number of times a workitem has passed to a state?

Cesar Sasaki (511285124) | asked Jun 02 '15, 5:10 p.m.
Hi

I want to calculate how many times a workitems has passed to a specific state.
For example for a workitem with this workflow :
New - Planning - In Progress  - Under review -  Closed

How many times the workitem has been on the "planning" state because you can go from "under review" to "planning".

I have tried with a calculated value but it also counts the times when I'm on the "planning" state and modify any field with going to other state.

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Comments
Don Yang commented Jun 02 '15, 9:59 p.m.

counting from workitem's history would be the easiest way.

Cesar Sasaki commented Jun 03 '15, 12:26 a.m.

Can I query the history with calculated values ?

caroline oliveira commented Nov 09 '17, 1:11 p.m. | edited Nov 09 '17, 3:58 p.m.

I would like to know too

Accepted answer

permanent link
Lukas Steiger (3131625) | answered Nov 09 '17, 1:20 p.m.
Dear Caroline & Cesar,

You can learn how to read the history of a work item and how to analyze states by looking into the Presentation.js file that is part of Status History Presentation published by the Jazz Community group on GitHub. This should make it much easier for you to get what you want, though I can't provide you with a ready-to-use solution for your requirements.

I hope this helps and happy coding,
Lukas

Cesar Sasaki selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Cesar Sasaki commented Nov 09 '17, 3:37 p.m.

Hi Lukas
Yes I have tried that plugin. It works great, but Is there a way to get those numbers in attributes?

One other answer

permanent link
caroline oliveira (15115) | answered Nov 10 '17, 8:00 a.m.

Hello,

Cesar, I will follow the steps of the link, but it is not an unavailable function, for some information, to help me.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.