It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Synchronization user ID specified (ccsync) was not found, please try again.

Harihara Rajendran (1125) | asked Jun 01 '15, 4:19 a.m.
Synchronization user ID specified (ccsync) was not found, please try again.

Hi all,

When i am trying to import the clearcase to RTC operation i am getting this error. I have already installed clearcase synchronizer but when i am going to do that operation it is showing that above error.

What is ccsync?

Whether we need to create on clearcase or RTC?

Kindly suggest me on this.

Thanks,
Harihara rajendran VM

2 answers

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered Jun 01 '15, 1:26 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
The synchronization process accesses both ClearCase and RTC, so there are two relevant users: the ClearCase user and the RTC user.   The ClearCase user is just the host-system user that the sync process is running from, so there is nothing you need to "set" for that ... just make sure that this host system user has the appropriate access rights to ClearCase (the rights needed are listed in the on-line documentation).   The RTC user is the RTC user account that the synchronization process uses to log in to RTC.   This should be a special RTC user account reserved for use by the synchronization process.   You specify the user-name and password for this account in the wizard that you use to create a synchronization stream (each synchronization stream specifies its RTC user-name/password, but you can use the same user-name/password for more than one synchronization stream).   Note that you can use the Properties page for a synchronization stream to change/update the RTC user-name and/or password for that synchronization stream.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Jun 01 '15, 4:24 a.m.
Have you read trough http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCP65_5.0.2/com.ibm.team.connector.scm.cc.doc/topics/c_version_importer_intro.html ?

As far as I remember you need a special user in RTC as well as the user running the synchronization required to be able to access clear case.

Comments
Harihara Rajendran commented Jun 01 '15, 4:30 a.m. | edited Jun 01 '15, 1:21 p.m.

Hi ralph,

Thanks for the answers,

you mean that ccsync user should be created on both clearcase and RTC or only in RTC?

One more question?

Clearcase synchronizer only we are using for clearcase importer or else there is separate download for clearcase importer kibndly help me out on this.

Thanks,
Harihara Rajendran VM

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 01 '15, 4:34 a.m.

Please read the help I included in the answer. That should answer the questions. I haven't done this for a while but I know you need a user in clearcase - because you need to access it and you need a user in RTC, because you access that as well.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.