It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to show links between RRC projects

Thomas Stephens (17311318) | asked May 29 '15, 12:06 p.m.
We have links between a project developing business requirements, and projects with development requirements derived from the business requirements.
Currently, there is no good way to show these links in a dashboard.
The Traceability widget only shows links to RQM or RTC.
The View Widget shows only the name, not links.
The tree view shows the links, but only for one artifact at a time, and not on a dashboard.

What is the best option for showing these links?
Is this a target for the new report tool in V6.0?
 (We are currently JAZZ v 4.0.5)

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered May 31 '15, 9:21 p.m.
edited Jun 01 '15, 1:53 a.m.
The out of box reports in Report Builder in v6.0 does not seem to have what you want:

https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/topic/com.ibm.team.jp.jrs.doc/topics/c_ready_to_use_reports.html

Report Builder is renamed from JRS in v5.x and it does have flexibility in creating traceability report for requirements to show links between requirements.

For example, I quickly created a traceability report in JKEBanking to show the [link from] and [validated by] requirements and the result is as above. Not sure though if this is what you are after.

Comments
Thomas Stephens commented Jun 01 '15, 1:18 a.m.

This half of  what we need.
Adding requirements to the traceability is definitely good. I will need this option. Thank you.

The other half is showing requirements from JKEBanking (RM) to requirements in another RM project, Such as JKEBusiness (RM).
The Tree view currently shows what we need, but I cannot put the tree view in a widget.

Don Yang commented Jun 01 '15, 1:52 a.m. | edited Jun 01 '15, 1:53 a.m.

JRS can have traceability between requirement project areas. for example, above shows requirements from JKEBanking(requirement ID) PA links to requirements in another project area(requirement1 ID) I just created. There are more columns or conditions and so on you can add to make it work as expected.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.