It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I want IVersionableHandle object with plain java Api

vikas v (15318) | asked May 28 '15, 2:35 a.m.
edited May 28 '15, 9:33 a.m. by DJ Houghton (2663)
Hello,
I am working with plain java application, i am able to find project area, stream, component.
Now I want IVersionableHandle object to do few operation, I am not able to find the exact way how can i get this object with plain java api.

Please let me know the steps to find this handler.

I want to give IVersionableHandle to this function as an input
public static List<Association> getAllAssociationsForFile(ITeamRepository repo,
                                                          IWorkspaceHandle workspace,
                                                          IComponentHandle component,
                                                          String sandboxLocation_CanBeNullIfRunningFromWithinEclipseRTC,
                                                          IVersionableHandle file)

If any other information required then let me know.

Thanks!!

Regards,
Vikas

Comments
Morten Madsen commented May 28 '15, 7:59 a.m.

Hi, can you explain what information you have? Like the path to the file, or the file name?

I IVersionableHandle is a reference to a file under source control. So what do you want a reference to?

I've made a lot of stuff like this, and can easily supply code samples.

vikas v commented May 28 '15, 9:56 a.m.

Hello,

As of now I have file Path(loaded path eg: "tk/Just_a_file.txt" ) and file UUID.

Regards,
Vikas

vikas v commented Jun 05 '15, 2:20 a.m.

Please let me know the solution.

Naveen Tyagi commented Oct 20 '15, 2:27 a.m.

Hi Vikash, 
how did you get RTC source control file path using Plain Java API. i am new to this and idk know how to start.

One answer

permanent link
DJ Houghton (2663) | answered May 28 '15, 9:33 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Try getting the configuration from the connection and then asking the config for the child entries.

See:
   IFlowNodeConnection#configuration(IComponentHandle)
   IConfiguration#childEntries

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.