It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

I want IVersionableHandle object with plain java Api

vikas v (15318) | asked May 28 '15, 2:35 a.m.
edited May 28 '15, 9:33 a.m. by DJ Houghton (2663)
Hello,
I am working with plain java application, i am able to find project area, stream, component.
Now I want IVersionableHandle object to do few operation, I am not able to find the exact way how can i get this object with plain java api.

Please let me know the steps to find this handler.

I want to give IVersionableHandle to this function as an input
public static List<Association> getAllAssociationsForFile(ITeamRepository repo,
                                                          IWorkspaceHandle workspace,
                                                          IComponentHandle component,
                                                          String sandboxLocation_CanBeNullIfRunningFromWithinEclipseRTC,
                                                          IVersionableHandle file)

If any other information required then let me know.

Thanks!!

Regards,
Vikas

Comments
Morten Madsen commented May 28 '15, 7:59 a.m.

Hi, can you explain what information you have? Like the path to the file, or the file name?

I IVersionableHandle is a reference to a file under source control. So what do you want a reference to?

I've made a lot of stuff like this, and can easily supply code samples.

vikas v commented May 28 '15, 9:56 a.m.

Hello,

As of now I have file Path(loaded path eg: "tk/Just_a_file.txt" ) and file UUID.

Regards,
Vikas

vikas v commented Jun 05 '15, 2:20 a.m.

Please let me know the solution.

Naveen Tyagi commented Oct 20 '15, 2:27 a.m.

Hi Vikash, 
how did you get RTC source control file path using Plain Java API. i am new to this and idk know how to start.

One answer

permanent link
DJ Houghton (2663) | answered May 28 '15, 9:33 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Try getting the configuration from the connection and then asking the config for the child entries.

See:
   IFlowNodeConnection#configuration(IComponentHandle)
   IConfiguration#childEntries

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.