It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Import requirements, tasks and test cases info&traceability using OSLC

Ana Lopez-Mancisidor (25648967) | asked May 27 '15, 5:23 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi, I have some XMLs/CSV files with information about requirements, traced tasks and traced test cases as a result of exporting information from third party tools (this info is related and traced).

Could I  build a custom extension using REST OSLC services to read info to be imported, and create all artifacts into DNG, RTC and RQM and also establish automatically relationships during the import process?

Any restriction about info I could import through OSLC in each of the modules (DNG,RTC, RQM)? Could I import info like comments, history....

Many thanks in advance, Ana

One answer

permanent link
Gabriel Ruelas (1.1k13) | answered May 27 '15, 8:46 a.m.
Hola Ana,
    For RDNG, OSLC allows you to create artifacts ( requirements ), modify them ( their Rich text and its attributes ) and create links to other RQM and/or RTC artifacts,
However OSLC does not allows you to import comments/history.
Another restriction about modules is that you can not add/remove artifacts to it ( only create links and modify module attributes ).
An article with some RDNG OSLC samples can be found at : https://jazz.net/library/article/1197

Comments
Ana Lopez-Mancisidor commented May 27 '15, 8:52 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Gabriel. Although RQM and/or RTC artifacts are neither created, if the extension creates them previously, they could be later linked with RDNG requirements, right?

Gabriel Ruelas commented May 27 '15, 9:01 a.m.

That is correct. RDNG OSLC allows you to create links to existing artifacts ( in RDNMG, RTC, RQM )

Gabriel Ruelas commented May 27 '15, 9:01 a.m.

That is correct. RDNG OSLC allows you to create links to existing artifacts ( in RDNG, RTC, RQM )

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.