It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Execute RFT scripts from RQM

Ismael Serrano Hidalgo (342712) | asked May 27 '15, 4:14 a.m.
 Hi all,

I need to schedule an execution of a RFT script where there is interaction with the Graphic User Interface (GUI), in my case the recorded script opens a web browser, clicks buttons, and so on. The problem of the playback appears when the GUI is not available for the script (it means execution from a remote machine), and an error of WindowActivateFailedException exception appears. The option of a Remote Desktop of the RFT client machine, even if it's minimized, is not an option.

Thus, the problem is supposed to be solved by using Rational Quality Manager. 
Nevertheless, I just wonder is someone has faced this RQM&RFT integration with this sort of RFT test execution records (with interaction with the Desktop), and their results, satisfactory or not...
I need to be fully sure that will work before deploying RQM in customer site! RQM would be in a separated server from the RFT client machines.

Thanks very much in advance

One answer

permanent link
Frank McGrath (242162) | answered Jun 02 '15, 1:49 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
RFT does require that the UI be visible in order to test if things like mouse clicks and keyboard input is in use.  Before it can playback mouse or key events, the target window needs to be activated, but that is failing.  It appears that RQM is successfully connecting to your RFT script, but the issue you are having is with RFT itself.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.