It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CSV import of enumeration list giving errors

Vivek Pandey (4321538) | asked May 25 '15, 12:50 p.m.
 Hi,

RTC version being used is V4.0.6.

While doing import of multiple values for enumeration list attribute type,  it does not import the values, but imported values are defaulted to 'Unassigned' values.

e.g.

If the attribute type is 'ch-type', and values are 'add, modify, delete', after importing I only see them '3 unassigned' values specified.

Is there any issue with the CSV import of enumeration list attributes ?

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered May 25 '15, 7:38 p.m.
There is one known defect in v406:
https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=322561

Check if your case is similar to the above.

According to comment 9 in https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=220632,
it suggests:
"CSV Import is generally lax in enforcing some rules (a best effort). If the enumeration you are trying to import does not exist in the PA then it will be ignored. Also enumeration lists should be imported in as newline separated lists."

It is not clear if you export the enumeration list first and then update it or not. The format is important here to ensure successful import.
If you can put the csv file in the post, it will help as well(simple file from which it has enumeration list is enough)

Comments
Vivek Pandey commented May 25 '15, 11:57 p.m.

Thanks Don !

The defects seems similar to what i'm facing.

I'm using the newline character only to separate the values in CSV. The input file is attached herewith.

So, how do I get the defect fix ? Do we need to upgrade to 4.0.7 ?Type,Id,Summary,Batch Impact,Report Impact,Scope Change
Story,1627,Story-2,"Daily
Weekly
Monthly
Quarterly","Modify
Delete
No Change","Config Param Set-up (new)
Config Param Set-up (modify)"

Don Yang commented May 26 '15, 1:47 a.m.

The contents seem to match the defect. The defect is fixed in v5.0.1 and you can upgrade to v5.0.1 or later version. If you can only move to v4.0.7, you need to confirm with the client support team if the fix can be backported to v4.0.7 or not. if yes you can request for that. Once it is ready, you can then move to v4.0,7 and apply the ifix which has the fix.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.