It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to build a rtc client?

josseph zhang (3612) | asked Jun 24 '09, 11:15 a.m.
Hi,All.

If I want to extend the RTC client and add some new features into it. How I could build it and generate a new RTC client package. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Joseph

2 answers

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jun 24 '09, 4:23 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
See also the PDE build example at:
http://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/BuildExamples

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jun 24 '09, 2:46 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi there,

I suggest going through this tutorial on PDE Build.

It explains how to use PDE build to build based on a product configuration (.product) file, elaborating on the Eclipse help for PDE Build.

The tutorial has some other good references at the end too.

Instead of building based on the usual Eclipse configuration, though, you would build on the RTC configuration. Which particular configuration you use will differ depending on whether you're adding to the client, the server, or the build engine/toolkit. You'll likely still want to mix in the RCP delta pack, though, to allow you to build for multiple platforms.

Once you're familiar with PDE Build, it's pretty straightforward to set up build definition in RTC to run the build (whether automatically or on demand). You should familiarize yourself with the Ant tasks provided by the build system toolkit. In particular, see the pluginOrganizer task which helps to rearrange your source projects into the directory structure needed by PDE build.

(Note: the help links here are for RTC 1.0.1.1, but still apply for RTC 2.0).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.