It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Tags do not appear in tag list

Abdelrahman Hassan (19322) | asked May 25 '15, 3:33 a.m.
edited May 25 '15, 10:06 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k375103)
I want to create a tag into RTC to be able to add it to 'tags' field, this will help to make queries based on it.

The only way I found is to open any work item, write the new tag into 'tags' field and save it, but when I try to use the same tag later, it doesn't show up using auto complete in 'tags' field, so I thought there might be away to configure it.

Comments
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented May 25 '15, 10:05 a.m. | edited May 25 '15, 10:05 a.m.

Hi Abdelrahman,
The tag should be searcheable later. I would like to test it.
1. What is your RTC version?
2. What tag did you attempt to add?
3. What client did you try (Eclipse, web client)?

Abdelrahman Hassan commented May 25 '15, 1:15 p.m.

Hi Krzysztof,
Thank you for your response.
1. I use RTC v4.0.6
2. I tried to add a tag with the name 'sandbox' so work items tagged with this one will be piled away later, this tag was created before but now the team can't see it, so I tried to reach the tag configuration place to check if there is a configuration required or to add it again using the right way.
3. Web client

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered May 25 '15, 11:59 p.m.
There are a few ways to verify this.
1. Do a work item query on condition "Tags contains 'sandbox'" and see if any work items are returned.
2. Do a quick search by typing "sandbox" in the quick search box at the top-right corner.
3. Use the following URL to show all the existing tags.
https://<server>:<port>/ccm/service/com.ibm.team.workitem.common.internal.rest.IWorkItemRestService/allValues?projectAreaItemId=_mb3_oFP7EeSOfc_mhoyazQ&ids=internalTags&itemId=_7KmRcFP7EeSOfc_mhoyazQ
(replace the first UUID with your project area UUID, and the second with a UUID for a work item in the project).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.