It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Column list when creating queries

Chris Ratcliffe (2633330) | asked Jun 23 '09, 9:17 p.m.
Hi,

Where does the list of columns come from when creating queries? I have a column that is obviously a custom attribute, but it doesn't exist in my process configuration anywhere. If a custom attribute is created, used in a workitem, and then that attribute is removed from the process configuration, does that attribute remain in the list of available columns? I guess it probably does, but how would I get rid of that? Can I archive that attribute, or even rename it to something which makes it obvious that it shouldn't be used.

Thanks,
Chris

3 answers

permanent link
Yohko Tanaka (10523139) | answered Mar 16 '12, 11:21 a.m.
Hi,

Did you resolve this problem ? I'm having the same trouble.

permanent link
Chris Ratcliffe (2633330) | answered Mar 16 '12, 11:36 a.m.
Hi,

Did you resolve this problem ? I'm having the same trouble.

Not to a large extent. The attribute was archived, and now with the RTC 3.x native client, I can filter out archived attributes when creating my query conditions. (there is a little check box for that) However, I can't filter it out from the results layout page still, which is irritating.

The web client is worse in this aspect. You can't filter out the archived attributes in either the condition or the results layout sections.

permanent link
Yohko Tanaka (10523139) | answered Mar 18 '12, 8:14 p.m.
Thank you for the reply. I understand the situation.

Thanks,

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.