It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Class not found: org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter

Enrique Gaona (13462426) | asked Jun 23 '09, 5:23 p.m.
I'm trying to build the junit example on a buildengine running on Linux and was getting an error build.xml:65: Class not found: org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter. From one of the Jazz article, http://jazz.net/library/article/120, it says to run the build again and the problem will go away. I tried that and it hasn't solved my problem.

How do I solve this problem? Can I just download the jar file that contains this class and drop it in the buildengine's eclipse/plugins directory? If so, where can I download the jar file?

Thanks

8 answers

permanent link
Jose Miguel Ordax Cassa (2.4k3126100) | answered Jun 24 '09, 12:25 a.m.
egaona wrote:
I'm trying to build the junit example on a buildengine running on
Linux and was getting an error build.xml:65: Class not found:
org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter. From one of the Jazz
article, http://jazz.net/library/article/120, it says to run the
build again and the problem will go away. I tried that and it
hasn't solved my problem.

How do I solve this problem? Can I just download the jar file that
contains this class and drop it in the buildengine's eclipse/plugins
directory? If so, where can I download the jar file?

Thanks

You can download it from Eclipse site:
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.4.2-200902111700/index.php
Look for "JDT Core Batch Compiler".

Then, add it under Ant tab of your Build Defintion as an Ant argument.
Something like this: -lib %path%\ecj-3.4.2.jar

Hope this helps,

Chemi.

permanent link
Enrique Gaona (13462426) | answered Jun 24 '09, 3:56 p.m.
Chemi,
Thanks for the fix. That worked.

Enrique

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jun 30 '09, 4:11 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
You should not have to download the Eclipse standalone compiler when working through the JUnit example. It includes it in the example workspace, under releng/compiler/ecj.jar. You'll still need the -lib argument, but that should have already been configured for you in the junit build definition.

It would help if you could let us know at what point the tutorial led you off track.

permanent link
Jan Krchnak (3121) | answered Jan 13 '11, 7:57 a.m.
Hello.
I've ran into this today on fresh 3.0 linux installation, accessing from 3.0 win client.
BUILD FAILED
/opt/ibm/jazz-3.0/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse/sandbox/releng/build.xml:70: Class not found: org.eclipse.jdt.core.JDTCompilerAdapter

I've verified that the -lib sandbox\releng\compiler\ecj.jar parameter is set and the library exists as specified.

Is there anything more needed? Some special permissions setup on the buildserver perhaps?

permanent link
Nick Edgar (6.5k711) | answered Jan 13 '11, 12:31 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
No permission changes should be needed, as long as the user account running Ant has read permissions to see ecj.jar and its parent dirs. Maybe it doesn't like the backslashes if you're on a Linux/Unix system? Try changing to forward slashes. You could also try giving the full path instead of a relative path.

permanent link
Jan Krchnak (3121) | answered Jan 14 '11, 1:32 a.m.
Thank you!
The good old slashes were the root of all evil.
Solved.

permanent link
Benjamin Chodroff (8985231) | answered Sep 08 '11, 3:53 p.m.
I ran into this problem while setting up a RTC 3.0.1 build engine on Mac OSX. Going into the Money that Matters jke.dev build definition and replacing all "\" slashes with "/" slashes fixed the problem.

Thank you!

permanent link
Kenny Smith (302513) | answered Apr 16 '14, 2:56 p.m.
For anyone stumbling across this, the best thing to do is to place the ECJ into the ANT lib directory in the toolkit.  For example, on my build server,  I place the ecj-3.6.2.jar into the /opt/IBM/jazz/buildsystem/buildengine/eclipse/plugins/org.apache.ant_1.7.1.v20100518-1145/lib directory. Then restart the JBE and it should be right as rain. You will not need to add the -lib %path%\ecj-3.4.2.jar parameter to the ANT config in the build definition.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.