It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

some questions on custom attributes

carlo gneo (9694) | asked Jun 18 '09, 4:10 a.m.
Hi.
We have been trying to create a custom work item with some new attributes and sections and have run into the following problems:

1- For a better visibility of the layout, we need to put 2 presentations on the same line of a section, like we can do in the default workitem with the presentations Time Estimate and Correction. How can we do this?

2- We builded some custom attributes for some tests. Now we need to change the type of this attributes from, for example smallString to MediumString. I see that this can't be done.

thanks in advance

5 answers

permanent link
carlo gneo (9694) | answered Jun 23 '09, 5:21 a.m.
Sorry for double post.
I don't resolve the problem.
Perhaps the reason is that I work in remote and in the file snippets/README.TXT is writed ...The examples assume
that the default URL for the server is being used which is https://localhost:9443/jazz....

is there a way to work in remote?
I can't access to server machine now.

permanent link
carlo gneo (9694) | answered Jun 22 '09, 10:36 a.m.
I'm following all steps of this page https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RTCSDK20_DevelopmentEnvironmentSetup , but at the end when I try to
create a Java Application launch configuration to run the snippets I obtain:

Exception occurred executing command line.
CreateProcess: C:\Programmi\IBM\TeamConcert\jdk\bin\javaw.exe -Dfile.encoding=Cp1252 -classpath "C:\Programmi\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\com.ibm.team.repository.common_1.0.0.I200905222137.jar;C:\Programmi\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\com.ibm.team.filesystem.common_2.0.0.I200905261903.jar;C:\Programmi\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\com.ibm.team.scm.client_2.0.0.I200905281952.jar;C:\Programmi\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\com.ibm.team.scm.common_2.0.0.I200905281952.jar;C:\Programmi\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\com.ibm.team.filesystem.client_2.0.0.I200905272057.jar;C:\Programmi\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\org.eclipse.core.filesystem_1.2.0.v20080604-1400.jar;C:\Programmi\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\com.ibm.team.workitem.common_2.0.0.I200905281958.jar;C:\Programmi\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\com.ibm.team.foundation.common_1.0.0.I200905221749.jar;C:\Programmi\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\com.ibm.team.process.common_1.0.0.I200905272353.jar;C:\Programmi\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\org.eclipse.emf.ecore_2.4.2.v200902171115.jar;C:\Programmi\IBM\SDPShared\plugins\org.eclipse.emf.common:.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Jun 18 '09, 8:43 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
The following wiki page describes the presentations contribution: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ContributingAttributePresentations. However this is based on RTC 1.0 (it has changed in 1.0.1 and 2.0). The page will be updated to RTC 2.0 during the next week.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
carlo gneo (9694) | answered Jun 18 '09, 8:37 a.m.
Thanks Marcel for answer.

1- Can you link me some guidelines to understand how work the java code contributor?

2- Ok, I understand.

Hi

carlo

Hi
1. It is currently not possible to show more than one presentation on one line. The Time Estimate and Correction is one single presentation.
The only thing that you can do is contribute an own presentation (this means java code contribution) which then can show whatever you like,

2. Once attributes exist in the repository (when you save the project area after adding the attribute), they can not change their type any more. You have to create a new attribute with the desired type.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

permanent link
Marcel Bihr, Jazz Work Item team (1.4k) | answered Jun 18 '09, 5:55 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi
1. It is currently not possible to show more than one presentation on one line. The Time Estimate and Correction is one single presentation.
The only thing that you can do is contribute an own presentation (this means java code contribution) which then can show whatever you like,

2. Once attributes exist in the repository (when you save the project area after adding the attribute), they can not change their type any more. You have to create a new attribute with the desired type.

Regards

Marcel
Jazz Work Item team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.