It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrading a Build Forge database

Jozef Vandenmooter (16332833) | asked May 21 '15, 5:52 p.m.

Hi,

Has anyone ever upgraded a Build Forge database? In order to test the upgrade from SQL_Server 2005 to SQL_Server 2008 and version 7.1.3.5 to 8.0.0.2 , we cloned the Production Build Forge server and copied its database from a SQL_Server 2005 database server to a SQL_Server 2008 database server. I updated the ODBC connection on the cloned server accordingly and also updated both buildforge.conf files with the new database info and server name.

We obtained a temporary server license from IBM and Build Forge on the cloned server works perfectly (I executed a couple of builds).

However, Build Forge 7.1.3.5 is now running against a SQL_Server 2008 database using SQL_Server 2005 drivers. Is that supported? Unfortunately, I don't find information anywhere how to manually update these drivers, and as far as I know it is not possible to re-execute the Build Forge setup (like we do in Jazz). Will I be able to update the drivers when I do the upgrade from 7.1.3.5 to 8.0.0.2?

Thanks,

Jozef

One answer

permanent link
Spencer Murata (2.3k115971) | answered May 22 '15, 8:21 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
 The libraries should be copied into the Apache\tomcat\lib folder.  You should be able to just swap out the files there and update the jar file.

~Spencer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.