It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

JRS v5.0.2 not filtering custom attributes of a custom Work Item type

Maria Victoria Martinez Torino (14924559) | asked May 21 '15, 5:44 p.m.
edited May 21 '15, 5:46 p.m.
Hello folks,
I have a question regarding how custom RTC attributes are collected by JRS.
I have created a custom work item type with the following custom attributes (besides other OOTB attributes):
'Stakeholders' custom attribute, represented by the attribute type of 'contributor'.
'Score' custom attribute, represented by the attribute type of 'enumeration', with a list of values from 1 to 10.
'Product' custom attribute, represented by the attribute type of 'enumeration', with a list of products/solutions provided by us.
The purpose of this WI type would be to capture the 'score' which should be provided by stakeholders on how they think the product/solution we deliver is doing.
Then, a JRS report would calculate the average score for each of the Releases (by using OOTB 'Found In' attribute).

The problem I have is the following:
On the JRS server, I can see the custom WI type within the list of work item types.
However, I cannot see the new three custom attributes associated to that new work item type although I am able to see other custom attributes created quite some time ago for another custom work item types created by us.
Can you please let me know if I am missing something? Maybe an specific job that must be run? Maybe missing configuration from the RTC side?

Additional info about our development environment:
    JRS 5.0.2 including DCC component
    About the Jazz Reporting Service
    Version: 5.0.2
    Build ID: JRS_5.0.2-I20141028-2014
    CCM & JTS are 5.0.2

Many thanks in advance,
Vicky

4 answers

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered May 21 '15, 7:58 p.m.
Hi, Vicky

You will need to run DCC ETL data collection jobs first. You may have configured to run once a day hence you can see those old custom attributes. It does not seem that you have applied ifix on 5.0.2. There are several JRS related fixes in the ifix hence you may need to apply the ifix first: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg24039933#FIXLIST
and then run the etl jobs.
In my test with v5.0.2 ifix04, I am able to see the enumeration type of custom attributes but contributor type of custom attribute is still missing. I think it could be a defect in the tool. You can contact IBM client support to address that issue.

Thanks

Comments
Maria Victoria Martinez Torino commented May 22 '15, 9:32 a.m.

Hi Don,
I clicked on that URL you provided but it drove me to the iFix005.
Do you recommend me to apply iFix005 since it is the latest one or should I apply iFix004?
I look forward to your comments.
Thanks!
Vicky

Geoffrey Clemm commented May 22 '15, 5:30 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Yes, use iFix005 ... it is a superset of iFix004.   (iFix<n> is always a superset of iFix<n-1>)

Maria Victoria Martinez Torino commented May 22 '15, 7:19 p.m.

Thanks Geoff for your response!
Regards,
Vicky

permanent link
Rafik Jaouani (5.0k16) | answered May 22 '15, 9:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Vicky,

In addition to running the ETLs, you will need at least one work item of that type, for the custom attributes to be shown. I also have a doubt about non-scalar custom attributes like the one you created (of type contributor) may not be exposed by JRS.

permanent link
Lidija Grahek (461) | answered May 22 '15, 4:55 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Besides notes in previous answers, JRS 5.0.2 doesn't support custom attribute of 'contributor' type, so you won't be able to see Stakeholders attribute. It should be added to 6.0.1.

Comments
Maria Victoria Martinez Torino commented May 22 '15, 7:20 p.m.

Now I am confused...I thought the problem was with contributor list, not contributor...
Please confirm.
Thanks,
Vicky

Lidija Grahek commented May 25 '15, 11:18 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Here is more detailed explanation:
- Custom attribute of type 'contributor' is not supported in JRS 5.0.2, but will be in 6.0.1 or later
- Custom attribute of type 'contributor list' is not supported and there is no plan to support it; the same holds for other custom item lists (custom team list, custom category list,...)
In 5.0.2 if you have attribute of 'contributor' type (not 'contributor list') you can use advanced tab to get contributor names - let me know if you need that I could help with manual query.

Reenu Marina Thomas commented Apr 28 '16, 11:04 a.m. | edited Apr 28 '16, 11:05 a.m.

Can you please let me know if the 'Contributor List' type will be supported in any upcoming versions?

Thanks
Reenu

permanent link
anup Gaur (1392244) | answered Sep 18 '15, 10:22 a.m.
 Can you please post a SQL query example for extracting the name when we have 'contributor' type using values from a value set provider. I am unable to see the 'contributor' type custom attributes, while other custom attributes are visible.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.