It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to move project area configuration to a new project area?

Pravin Patil (104138133) | asked May 20 '15, 8:39 p.m.

I have been making lots of customizations to work items, conditional scripts, roles and permission, streams, access to components etc. All this in “sandbox environment” of RTCv5.0.2.

When I set up the production environment (new instance on different server), is it possible to move all of the customization from Sandbox to Production? If yes, what is the best practice to do it? 

Please suggest.

Accepted answer

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered May 21 '15, 1:50 p.m.
edited Jun 12 '15, 3:49 p.m.
you want to extract the PROJECT process template to a NEW template,
here I named the template 'sample project - process', with a Process of of 'foo'
so that it is different than any other. you can edit and change the name/process id to switch them around (ie, make yours the new 'Scrum' process for later projects)

then export that template and import it on another system.
here the name of the file is up to you.. I left an old name I used as an example

then copy that zip file to the other system and use Import to add it to the process list..

note: two templates cannot have the same 'process ID' (ie, Scrum). so you have to rename one to get it out of the way

Pravin Patil selected this answer as the correct answer

2 other answers

permanent link
Karthik Krishnan (8825117163) | answered May 21 '15, 2:18 a.m.
In case of new PA it is straight forward - Import & Export process templates via Eclipse client. 

However if you are updating an existing Process template, that would prove tricky. 

In that case we found 2 options:
  1.  Redo everything by hand on the production (Tedious  & error prone)
  2. Compare the 2 Process templates XML and do a merge (Tedious  & sometimes error prone)
AFAIK there isn't any easy way to take your changes from test server to PROD server 

permanent link
Kohji Ohsawa (5951310) | answered May 20 '15, 9:39 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 Hi Pravin,

Does export/import of process template work for you?

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSCP65_5.0.2/com.ibm.jazz.platform.doc/topics/t_export_import_process_templates.html

Comments
Pravin Patil commented May 21 '15, 1:04 p.m.

When trying to export > at the step of "Select the process template to export" > it gives me below options:

1. Formal Project Management Process

2. Scrum

3. Unconfigured Process

4. Standard Setup Process

I exported Unconfigured & Formal Project Management Process templates. But they don't contain my updations.

Am I missing something?

Please let me know.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.