It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to export out all data from the datawarehouse for a project to be sorted externally?

michael entler (171227) | asked May 19 '15, 5:01 p.m.
edited May 19 '15, 5:09 p.m.

I have BIRT installed, and have only lightly dabbled in it.  A user asked if it would be easier and possible to export all data (historical) from their project, so they can then put in in excel  and sort data using pivot tables etc.

I'm wondering if this is possible, or easier to provide on a regular basis than build a lot of custom reports for them in BIRT?

Comments
Donald Nong commented May 20 '15, 2:29 a.m.

It may be feasible if there are only hundreds of records. Using Excel to process thousands or even millions of records is unthinkable. IIRC the maximum number of rows in a Excel sheet is 65535. When using BIRT, you also need to take this into account and do sufficient filtering to make sure only necessary records are processed in BIRT.

One answer

permanent link
Grazielle Codogno (1536) | answered Oct 12 '16, 11:51 p.m.
Michael,

like Donald said, it would be feasible in case of few data, although I would go to the option to build the custom reports, either in BIRT, or you can use the new Report Builder, for CLM (If you've a new version of the product ).
Having the data control and managed by the DW is the actual purpose of it, so I wouldn't think it's recommended to manage it in an external source.

Let us know if you've any questions ok ?

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.