It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to create a new work Item type and set new attributes?

Santhosh Thenmozhi Rajendran (711910) | asked Jun 09 '09, 6:31 p.m.
Hi,

In my project, there is a need to create a new "work item type" (like task, story etc) and we have to assign different attributes for the new type. So that, the users can create work item of that new type and store the details.

Is there any document which explains this process or any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sany
Praise Parents

9 answers

permanent link
ana maria (6) | answered Jan 30 '12, 8:10 p.m.
Thanks for the information, i like the post....

permanent link
Francisco Lara (6) | answered Jun 23 '11, 1:52 p.m.
that good that we know about these topics

permanent link
Arsenio Vazquez (6) | answered Mar 24 '11, 5:27 p.m.
Thanks for providing the information. I appreciate, i will aply now.

permanent link
Ch Pawan Kumar Murty (6) | answered Dec 27 '10, 1:49 a.m.
Hi all, I have some problem working with workitems.

I am using a webpage control and have to pass a complete link as the url to it. Like ->Link UrlRoot= "{0}". But UrlRoot does not accept parameters. What should i do ??

The idea of breaking the link into parts is also very tedious to follow on the part of the end user. Can anyone please help me out here

permanent link
David Smith (6) | answered Nov 13 '10, 11:59 a.m.
Thanks for the information, this is what Im looking for ages since I am a newbie here.

permanent link
Jim Tykal (166116) | answered Oct 13 '10, 11:27 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
ooo that great information .. I was about to ask the same as I need to add work as .. I am newbie here . thank for the info

There is an IBM training course that specifically addresses RTC project and process customization, including how to create new work item types and custom attributes:

RS835: Project and Process Customization in IBM Rational Team Concert V2.0.0.2

You can find more information by clicking on the course name above.

permanent link
Marry John (6) | answered Oct 09 '10, 9:28 p.m.
ooo that great information .. I was about to ask the same as I need to add work as .. I am newbie here . thank for the info

permanent link
Dianne Kotkin (6) | answered Oct 07 '10, 12:29 p.m.
Thanks for providing the information.

posicionamiento web
Dropshipping

permanent link
Annie Ying (2063103) | answered Jun 10 '09, 11:11 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Sany,

I believe you can add a work item type through modifying the process specification. Please refer to the following article:
http://jazz.net/library/content/docs/process/#Overview_of_the_Team_Process_User

Search for the keyword "configuration data", and you should find the relevant information.

It looks like you're a user of Rational Team Concert. In the future, you may find the Using Rational Team Concert forum (http://jazz.net/forums/viewforum.php?f=1) more useful.

Annie

Hi,

In my project, there is a need to create a new "work item type" (like task, story etc) and we have to assign different attributes for the new type. So that, the users can create work item of that new type and store the details.

Is there any document which explains this process or any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sany
Praise Parents

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.