It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI connection to ORACLE db

Milan Krivic (98010172140) | asked May 14 '15, 8:50 a.m.
 Hi,

we are planning to migrate our reports from BIRT to RRDI. Beside the DW database on DB2 system, we are using some other data from our HR database which is based on Oracle. 
Problem is that I can't establish RRDI connection to the oracle database. I have oracle 32bit client installed on server, also set TNS_ADMIN as enviroment var in windows server, and also next  ENVIRONMENT_ENTRIES at Websphere side: 
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, ORACLE_HOME.
Also, in tnsnames.ora, I set connection string to specific database, and I tried to connect from server to specific oracle database with command prompt sqlplus, and it works...
But when I want to establish datasource through RRDI, I get the following error:

QE-DEF-0285 The logon failed.
QE-DEF-0325 The logon failed for the following reason:
RQP-DEF-0068 Unable to connect to at least one database during a multi-database attach to 1 database(s) in: 
    testDataSourceConnection

UDA-SQL-0031 Unable to access the "testDataSourceConnection" database. Check that the connection parameters to the database are configured correctly. For example, ensure that the data source connection contains the signon information, such as a password, to connect to the database.
UDA-SQL-0107 A general exception has occurred during the operation "attach".
Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-01804

BME-EX-0144 Trace back:
BmtPlayTransaction.cpp(788): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: BmtPlayTransaction::DoAction
BmtActionsHelper.cpp(488): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: BmtActionsHelper::DoAction
QFSSession.cpp(1153): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()
QFSSession.cpp(1151): QFException: CCL_CAUGHT: QFSSession::ProcessDoRequest()
QFSSession.cpp(2045): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QFSSession::SessionProcessTestConnection()
Source/QE_RsApi.cpp(2089): QFException: CCL_RETHROW: QE
Source/QEI_ConnectionFault.cpp(814): QFException: CCL_THROW: QE

Script Stack Trace

Action No=1   Action Name=TestDataSourceConnection

If anyone knows where is the problem, please help.

Thanks, 
Milan

2 answers

permanent link
Cathy Xu (390515) | answered May 28 '15, 3:53 a.m.
RRDI cannot be used to report on your HR data source.
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_5.0.2/com.ibm.rational.reporting.overview.doc/topics/c_ovr_insight_rrdi.html
---------------------------------
Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence
provides you with the capability to create and view charts and dashboard style reports for data collected in the Rational solution for CLM: Change and Configuration Management (CCM) application (Rational Team Concert™), Quality Management (QM) application (Rational Quality Manager), and Rational DOORS® Next Generation . Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence can also report on live data from Rational Quality Manager.Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence cannot report on data from sources beyond the three CLM applications.
Tip: If you want to include data from products outside of the Rational solution for CLM, use Rational Insight as your development intelligence solution.
Tip: If your environment uses multiple Jazz™ Team Servers, use Rational Insight as your development intelligence solution.

Comments
Milan Krivic commented May 28 '15, 4:25 a.m.
Hi Cathy,

I know that I cannot report from HR data source in RRDI.

So, 
you want to tell me that RRDI can't have more than one database connection? 
On RRDI portal, I have possibility to create different datasources like in attachment.
Under Launch->IBM Cognos Administration->Configuration.

My question is: can I create different database connection beside the DB2??

That is only what I need to know...

Regards,
Milan Oracle db connection

Cathy Xu commented May 28 '15, 9:17 a.m.

Hi Milan,

You can create different type of database connection beside DB2.
For the error message, have you checked if this technote help?
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21341734.

Cheers,
Cathy

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k374103) | answered May 28 '15, 9:25 a.m.
Maybye it is not a solution of the current problem, but if you can, it is really recomended to consider migration to JRS instead to RRDI. JRS is going to be a main reporting solution for CLM applications.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.