It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ID CRJAZ1845E: Unable to connect to the LDAP directory server.

vijay panari (5211118) | asked May 13 '15, 6:42 a.m.
 Hi,
I am trying to configure LDAP with Jazz team server but when I try to set up user registry  I am getting error Unable to connect to the LDAP server.

any help is appropriated 

thanks in advance.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 13 '15, 11:04 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Follow the information on the LDAP configuration page carefully. There are support links to get tools to test your setting. If you can't connect to your LDAP server using those tools at all, check with your infrastructure management team.

permanent link
steve detoro (112) | answered Jul 14 '17, 12:10 p.m.

Ralph - while the question is worded rather loosely, that's not really an answer. LDAP config can be a stumbling block. I've got the same error.. Jazz appears to be trying to assign a license to a NEW user... and its selecting WASAdmin.. even though the user I said to use in the previous step was NOT that account.  Can you help any further?

Comments
Salman Shaikh commented Jul 15 '17, 8:36 a.m. | edited Jul 17 '17, 12:08 a.m.

Logout WAS session as it uses the same session logged in WAS.

First of all logout from WAS and then try to configure LDAP by running JTS Setup.

steve detoro commented Jul 18 '17, 8:16 a.m.

thanks Salman..  correct. I realized that  before I saw your post. and now get a step further before it now errors  saying "although the new user (?)  was created successfully, an error occurred trying to assign a CAL keys to the new user.  ( I also said NO to any licenses , since I already have  assigned them to me)

The DETAILS say - it  can't  retrieve my  user credentials from the external registry  (which I used to log into the Jazz server with) 

I don't understand how it can use my credentials to log me in, but fail to retrieve  my credentials assign a license?

Donald Nong commented Jul 19 '17, 12:57 a.m.

JTS cannot read the LDAP configuration from WAS, and it has its own LDAP configuration, which can be different(!) from that in WAS. But really you should open a new post for your own issue, rather than following a two-year old thread. The description in the OP is vague enough to prevent any useful suggestion.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.