It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a programatic way to maintain source/dependent attributes in RTC Value Sets ?

Fred Bickford (281532) | asked May 12 '15, 7:21 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
 I need a parent child relationship (something that is easier to do in Rational ClearQuest) in RTC, Value sets seem to be the only option

so in my example I have 2 lists one called CarCompany and CarModel, in this example I have

CarCompany  (source)
      Ferrari
      Porsche
      Benz

And I have the following CarModels (dependent)
        275GTB
        S55AMG

Lets say that 911 needs to move to be dependent on Ferrari, outside of manually moving it in the attribute customization UI, how can I can maintain this relationship ?

2 answers

permanent link
Hakki Bozkurt (1631228) | answered May 14 '15, 3:25 a.m.
https://jazz.net/library/article/537 please check this article. (Dependent enumerations)

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 12 '15, 7:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
For enumerations we have dependent enumerations. It is also possible to use validators to prevent saving in a consistent way. See  Process Enactment Workshop for the Rational solution for Collaborative Lifecycle Management for a general overview (Lab 4 and 5).

Dependent enumerations only work for enumerations (and a few other input values). You can use JavaScript for some things, but is is very limited in its capabilities. The built in attribute customization is implemented in Java which gives a bit more options. See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2013/06/26/attribute-customization-java-based-value-providers-conditions-and-validators/ for some examples.

The problem in your case is probably to have the dependency information available somehow.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.