It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Bulk Move Work Items between Project Areas in RTC plugin for 5.0.2?

Amir Sinay (181320) | asked May 12 '15, 3:46 a.m.
Hi,
I need to find a way to copy/move multiple number of WI's from one PA to another.
I found the Bulk Move Work Items between Project Areas in RTC plugin, however he is only supported by eclipse versions 4.x and lower.
Is there any another way to do so in RTC 5.0.2 or eclipse 5.0.2?
Thanks in advance!

Comments
Guy Slade commented Aug 04 '15, 2:24 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have this same question .... RTC dev, any plans to dust off Millard's works and resurrect this for RTC 5?

Michael Alberda commented Sep 02 '15, 9:19 a.m. | edited Aug 23 '17, 3:40 p.m.

Hi All,

I am trying to also do a bulk move of work items. I am using RTC v4.0 client with CLM v5.0.2. I have copied the jar files to the plugins folder (IntallationDirectory\scmtools\eclipse\plugins), then ran eclipse.exe -clean to start RTC.

However, when I select multiple work items, the options to move/copy is still greyed out. Is this expected behavior considering the gap in the client and server versions or am I perhaps missing something?

Thanks-you,

regards,
Michael Alberda

Jose Figueiredo commented Jun 27 '16, 1:35 p.m. | edited Aug 23 '17, 3:40 p.m.

Hi All,

I apply the iFix 16 for RTC 5.0.2. After that, I'm having problems to use the client 4.0 to connect to the server. Do we have an alternative to performs a  bulk move in RTC 5.0.2?

Thanks,

Otávio Figueiredo

Ralph Schoon commented Jun 28 '16, 2:30 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Unfortunately no. I would request an enhancement

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 05 '15, 3:17 a.m.
You would have to use an RTC 4.x client - it should work with 5.0.2.

If you want to raise this topic, create a work item here: https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWelcome or create an enhancement request with support.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Guy Slade commented Aug 06 '15, 4:17 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Well rats ..... Just tried using a 4 client ..... 4.0.7 back to 4.0.4 fails with an error message indicating that there have been changes that have broken these two plugins ....missing or changed methods when connecting to a project area.
Going back to 4.0.3 I get I can get all the way to attempting to move multiple work items. Unfortunately I get:

CRJAZ1241I There is a version mismatch for the "com.ibm.team.workitem" model.  The server version is "17" while the client version is "16". Both client and server version must match. Check the overall version of the client using Help->About and ensure it is compatible with server version "5.0.2" and build id "RJF-I20141028-1603".

So I think I am hosed

Guy Slade commented Aug 06 '15, 4:20 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Ralph, if I open a work item, any idea on who to initially assign it to? Or is someone still monitoring unassigned work items?

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 07 '15, 2:24 a.m. | edited Aug 07 '15, 8:50 a.m.

Guy, use a lower version e.g. the 3.x version against 4.0.2 not the other way around.
File the work item against "Work Items" they will pick it up.

Guy Slade commented Aug 07 '15, 7:48 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Thanks Ralph...I will open the work item. fwiw I did have it right .... I have 5.0.2 server and since the bulk move plugins don't work with the 5.x client I dropped down to the 4.x client.

Ralph Schoon commented Aug 07 '15, 8:52 a.m. | edited Aug 07 '15, 8:52 a.m.

I am considering to create a UI extension that anyone could deploy in his Eclipse. Unfortunately it is not just allow to select multiple work items and calling the Wizard. The solution in the patch you use does a preflight and provides warnings in a first run. I need to figure out how it does that first.

I also think there is a work item already, but if you can't find that, create a new one.

One other answer

permanent link
Lukas Steiger (3131625) | answered Jun 20 '17, 8:50 a.m.

Hi Jazz-Community, 

Are you aware of the new Open Source Jazz-Community on GitHub? The DACH Jazz-Community has founded this in May.2017. And we have now published some nice enhancements for RTC. 

Have a look at http://jazz-community.org 

One of the extensions is the WEB based RTC Bulk Work item Mover, our Company has implemented as OSS project. You find it on https://github.com/jazz-community/rtc-workitem-bulk-mover-ui 

This Bulk Work item Mover allows you to move work items between project areas on same CCM Instance. The Work item Mover is process aware and allows you to map types, enumerations etc. during the process. 
There are a couple of quite common use cases where moving selected number of Work Items is necessary:

• Moving to another process template: There are multiple approaches to move to a new process template. One of it is to create an entirely new project area from scratch. Easily transferring the existing work items to the new area without changing the identifier and links is a key requirement there.
  • Splitting or merging projects: From our experience, changes in project structure or team setup often need to be reflected in RTC. As a result, project areas might be split or merged, raising the need to move the affected work items.
  • Defect Management: If, by example, your application is based on a platform, your users or customers may file defects against your application project area where they do not belong. You can then move them to the platform project area, whereas the issuer of the defect will still be able to receive updates on this defect.
See more on the GitHub project. Ideas, Enhancement Request, Defects can be filed directly there as Issues. If you like to collaborate on the development, please join us in the Community. 

Best Regards 
Guido Sschneider (IBM Champion and Co-Founder DACH Jazz-Community)
Lukas Steiger (Lead Developer and Co-Founder of github.com/jazz-community organization)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.