It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] Few project areas do not show in RRDI. The behavior is random

Shuchita Tripathi (31436294) | asked May 11 '15, 4:16 a.m.
closed May 28 '15, 9:22 a.m. by Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103)
Hi,
We have configured RRDI with CCM.

There are more than 100 projects in CCM. But when I generate a report in RRDI, only few of them appears. And also, the behavior is random. Some day, some projects, other day, other projects appear.

If this will be the case, the reporting will be of no use because we need reports across many projects. So all required projects need to populate.
I have access to all the project areas. I am also added in JazzAdmin group.

RTC v5.0
Webpshere v8.5
Using LDAP
RRDI 5.0

The question has been closed for the following reason: "We were unable to reproduce it anymore. Therefore closing this topic." by krzysztofkazmierczyk May 28 '15, 9:22 a.m.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered May 28 '15, 9:21 a.m.
We were unable to reproduce it anymore. Therefore closing this topic.
Shuchita Tripathi selected this answer as the correct answer

One other answer

permanent link
Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk (7.4k373103) | answered May 11 '15, 5:32 a.m.
Hi Shuchita,

Users see only the reports to which they have an access; not all reports from the server. It might be a case here.

But if you do not think that this is an issue, then please open a new PMR for the support to investigate it.

Comments
Shuchita Tripathi commented May 11 '15, 5:39 a.m.

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your reply.
I am the administrator of the server. When in query studio, I drag Project Name from ODS -> Request Area -> Request, i get only few projects (randomly). I have access to all the project areas in RTC.
Are you talking about any other access?

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented May 11 '15, 5:49 a.m.

Hi Shuchita,
You should rather try ODS -> Project Area -> Name. What do you see now?

Shuchita Tripathi commented May 11 '15, 6:12 a.m.

Hi Chris,

Now I see 72 project areas (earlier it was around 25).
However, in my environment, I have 120 project areas.
I want all project areas.

Krzysztof Kaźmierczyk commented May 11 '15, 6:42 a.m.

Hi Shichita,
1. But do you see now always exactl 72 PAs? Or behavior is rather random?
2. Do you see all PAs now from ODS -> Request Area -> Request?
3. Do you see any pattern which PAs are not visible (e.g. Archived ones only, or created long time ago)?

Jackie Albert commented May 11 '15, 9:42 a.m.

Just a note -- it doesn't matter if you are administrator of the server.  You still won't get visibility to the project areas unless your ID is listed as a member of the project. 

Rafik Jaouani commented May 11 '15, 5:34 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Shichita,
When a project area gets modified in the data warehouse, a database trigger will clear the read-access list for that project area. Later, during the ETL, the read access list will be rebuilt. So the time between the trigger and and the completion of the read access list being rebuilt, you will notice the behavior you are seeing. I would recommend running the ETLs only during off hours. Another solution, is to disable read-access control in RRDI by deploying the proper flavor of the Data Model.

Shuchita Tripathi commented May 13 '15, 9:51 a.m.

Hi,

The behavior is random. There is one important project in our environment which was appearing initially, but now it doesn't. I am a member of that project with admin rights.

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments