It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot add dependent enumerations for Restricted Access field

Uma venkata Lekkala (52519) | asked May 08 '15, 1:07 p.m.
 When I select Restricted Access field for Value Sets> Dependent Enumeration>Source field I do not see the drop down options (access groups are what would show in front end) to associate to the dependent field drop down. It says "No configuration UI available. You may want to edit the configuration on the Process Configuration Source tab"

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 11 '15, 3:39 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Access groups are not enumerations.

Comments
Uma venkata Lekkala commented May 11 '15, 11:15 a.m.

So there is no way to achieve a scenario where selecting a particular access group will set specific field to a particular value?

Ralph Schoon commented May 11 '15, 11:24 a.m. | edited May 11 '15, 11:25 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Not with a dependent enumeration, if restricted access is not an enumeration or otherwise supported type for that value set provider.

Attribute Customization – Java Based Value Providers, Conditions and Validators would be a possible approach. If you can read the restricted access attribute and make sense of the content (which might not be possible) in JavaScript, that might help as well. Just off of the top of  my head. I haven't thought this through or attempted it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.