It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to retrieve a specific artifact type using RPE

Steven Ricci (111) | asked May 08 '15, 12:31 p.m.
I am creating a report where I would like to place a specific artifact type in a certain section of a report.  For instance business requirement, actors, functional, non-functional.  Can not seem to find any clear information on how to set a filter for each section container to retrieve the specific type.  Any suggestions?

2 answers

permanent link
Brian Fleming (1.6k11928) | answered May 08 '15, 1:03 p.m.
Have you considered using separate queries for each section?  The RDNG Reportable API allows you to filter by artifact type in the GET request.  See https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RRCReportableRestAPI and search for "Filter by artifact type"

Comments
Steven Ricci commented May 08 '15, 1:32 p.m.

ok I see how that would work where would I apply that in the report structure.

Brian Fleming commented May 08 '15, 1:35 p.m.

You'd specify a different query in each container.

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered May 08 '15, 2:10 p.m.
In RPE template, you can apply a Scripted Filter. For example, if you are retrieving resources, try adding a filter datasource/artifact/collaboration/attributes/objectType/name = type as shown in scren shot.

Comments
Steven Ricci commented May 08 '15, 2:47 p.m.

Looks like you are using a more recent version of reporting.  We are still on 1.1.2.2?  until end of May.  Seems pretty clear in your screenshot.

Subramanya Prasad Pilar commented May 08 '15, 3:03 p.m.

Right. I am using RPE 1.3 with IFix002. But Filter is supported in 1.1.2.2 as well. You will find this in Properties pane (no tabs in older versions).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.