It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM command line adapter is becoming unresponsive after a while

Steven Machtelinckx (66156) | asked May 08 '15, 5:38 a.m.
edited May 08 '15, 5:39 a.m.
 Hello,

I've been using the RQM command line adapter to execute java tests for a couple of months now, and sometimes I get the following problem.

Sometimes the adapters are marked as 'unresponsive' on the 'adapter console' screen, even though the bat files which started the adapters on the client machines are still running

In the output of the start.bat files on the client machines I don't find any errors. But I do see these info messages every now and then, also when RQM doesn't mark these adapters as unresponsive:

INFO com.ibm.rqm.adapter.library - Stored configuration is out of sync. Adapter is re-registering. 

My 2 questions are:
- what can I do to prevent adapters becoming unresponsive in RQM? I know closing and starting the adapters is a workaround, but I cannot run tests at night without looking at the health status every day at the moment.
- Is the previously mentioned message in the adapter output somehow related to the adapter becoming unresponsive?

Thanks for your feedback

One answer

permanent link
Reshma Ratnani (1.1k1) | answered May 15 '15, 6:19 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Which version of RQM are you using? Also while the adapter console says Unresponsive, the testscript execution which is going gets completed or not?

Comments
Steven Machtelinckx commented May 18 '15, 2:30 a.m.

Our RQM has versionĀ 4.0.5

The execution of the test script was marked as 'in progress' or 'ongoing' since 7 hours when I aborted it. Normally the execution should take max 10 minutes. In fact the test didn't even start since there was a problem with the adapter

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.