It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to update DNG module using OSLC?

Tuan Nguyen Minh (691321) | asked May 08 '15, 3:30 a.m.
Hello,

How to update a module in DNG using OSLC update? I'm able to update an artifact using OSLC, but I'm not able to update a module using the same method. In particular, I want to replace an artifact in a module by another one, add/remove an artifact to/from a module. Is this possible with OSLC?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Gabriel Ruelas (1.1k13) | answered May 08 '15, 8:56 a.m.
Hi,
     Adding/removing artifacts from a module via OSLC is currently not supported, What can be modified are module attributes.
Tuan Nguyen Minh selected this answer as the correct answer

3 other answers

permanent link
Beth Beese (312) | answered Jul 22 '15, 12:22 p.m.
 Hi Tuan-

What application are you using in addition to DNG?
The Rational Lifecycle Integration Adapters-Tasktop Edition can support moving artifacts between modules in DNG as long as there is another application integrated with it. You can learn more about RLIA-TE here:

http://www-304.ibm.com/partnerworld/gsd/solutiondetails.do?&solution=46335&lc=en

Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions!
Thanks and Best
b

Beth Beese 
| Business Development Manager | Tasktop Technologies
phone: 647-938-3759
| web: task top.com | skype: beth.beese-tasktop

Comments
Sudipto Sarkar commented Dec 28 '16, 4:18 a.m.

Hi Beth,

From your answer, what I understand is: it is possible to add artifacts in a module using oslc/oslc4j. Could you also please share the approach to do the same. Please correct me if i am wrong.

permanent link
Vaibhav S (106247) | answered Dec 24 '18, 12:34 a.m.

Hi, is updating the Module Attributes (Type specifically) using OLSC supported in latest versions now.

Please let me know.

Thanks
Vaibhav

Comments
Sudipto Sarkar commented Dec 24 '18, 12:52 a.m.
Yes its possible.
You can set the instance shape of the module with the right URI of the type of the module you want.
If you are using OSLC4J API, then
RequirementCollection reqColl=  <>;
reqColl.setInstanceShape(Uri);
reqColl.updateResource(.....)

Vaibhav S commented Dec 24 '18, 1:14 a.m.

hey, i tried the same. Its even returning 200 status code and updating Description and Title Attributes, Only Artifact Type is not getting updated.

Any idea why that might be happening. I am providing correct URI for new Instance Shape also.

Please let me know.

Thanks
Vaibhav 

Sudipto Sarkar commented Dec 24 '18, 5:19 a.m.

If you can try this:
ResourceShape featureInstanceShape = RmUtil.lookupRequirementsInstanceShapes( serviceProviderUrl, OSLCConstants.OSLC_RM_V2, OSLCConstants.RM_REQUIREMENT_COLLECTION_TYPE, client, artifactType); requirement.setInstanceShape(featureInstanceShape.getAbout());

. . . client.updateReource(....);

permanent link
Vaibhav S (106247) | answered Dec 24 '18, 12:39 a.m.

Hi, is updating the Module Attributes (Type specifically) using OLSC supported in latest versions now.

Please let me know.

Thanks
Vaibhav

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.