It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 5.0.2 - Can I defined read only on attribute in specific state?

Rakefet Berger (43215) | asked May 07 '15, 9:59 a.m.
 in RTC 5.0.2 -  I want to have the ability that on specific state attribute will be read only. Is it possible and how?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Tiago Moura (8387) | answered May 07 '15, 11:07 a.m.
 You can configure a precodition "Prevent Editing", where you can define attributes that can't be changed in a specified state.

Check this:
https://jazz.net/help-dev/clm/index.jsp?re=1&topic=/com.ibm.team.workitem.doc/topics/t_defining_precond_fuactions_web.html&scope=null
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Rakefet Berger commented May 07 '15, 1:41 p.m.

Thank you very much

One other answer

permanent link
Uma venkata Lekkala (52519) | answered May 07 '15, 2:10 p.m.
 You can go to Operations behavior (RTC eclipse client) or Preconditions and Followup actions if using Web interface. The steps vary based on which interface you use. 

For Eclipse client go to Process Configuration>Team Configuration>Operation Behavior>Select the Operation (save Work Item) and User role(s) you want to be affected by this change and add the precondition called Read-Only attribute for Type and State. You can then select what attributes are read only in any given state. 
I attached an image explaining the steps numbered in red.

Comments
Rakefet Berger commented May 12 '15, 2:37 a.m.

Thanks this information was very helpful to me

Ralph Schoon commented May 12 '15, 2:55 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please accept an answer if it helped the next time around.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.