It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there any document on RTC build and deploy automation with ant?

shobhan y (1326) | asked May 07 '15, 8:36 a.m.
retagged Jun 19 '15, 4:31 p.m. by Ken Tessier (84117)
Hi All,

I am in the process of automating my deployment process using RTC and Urban code deploy.Is there any document how to build using ant and deploy through UCD ?

Thanks

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alan Sampson (93749) | answered May 07 '15, 12:41 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
This link to the Jazz.net wiki contains an example of building with ant: https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/AntBuild
While it doesn't discuss Urban code it does discuss the steps and provides worked examples.
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
shobhan y commented May 07 '15, 11:31 a.m. | edited Jun 16 '15, 12:47 a.m.

thanks for the reply.

where does it stage the build before it deploy?

Thanks

shobhan y commented May 07 '15, 1:18 p.m. | edited Jun 16 '15, 12:47 a.m.

I couldn't find what I need in that link.Does it checkin ,deliver and stage the jars automatically or we need to define them.I don't see those steps anywhere in that link.

Is there any other link?

Thanks

Morten Madsen commented May 07 '15, 2:29 p.m.

By Stage, do you mean where the result of the "Package" step is placed?

shobhan y commented May 07 '15, 2:51 p.m.

where does it store the package when we run the script ?I dont see any destination folder on your script

Morten Madsen commented May 11 '15, 12:00 p.m.

That is defined in the Package definition in RTC. I just launch it from the ANT script.

Ralph Schoon commented May 12 '15, 6:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Your build automation will have to create the required files during compilation and linking and then you will have to use other scripts or tools like UrbanCode to deploy them.

shobhan y commented May 12 '15, 8:23 a.m.

what version of RTC are you using?I don't see package definition in 4.0.1.

Thanks

showing 5 of 7 show 2 more comments

One other answer

permanent link
Morten Madsen (3053149) | answered May 07 '15, 9:48 a.m.
edited May 07 '15, 9:52 a.m.
The documentation for the ant tasks is here: https://www-01.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSYMRC_4.0.5/com.ibm.team.build.doc/topics/r_packagedeploy.html?lang=en

I've created a small basic script to automate build, package and deploy on IBMi. Nothing much, but at least it will build, pick up the build timestamp and do a package with this. Then it will deploy this package:

Comments
shobhan y commented May 08 '15, 12:06 p.m.

Did you install JBE on IBMi or windows?

Morten Madsen commented May 12 '15, 5:39 a.m.

The JBE which runs the wrapper script runs on windows, but could easily run on IBMi. We plan to add build depending on WI status, and all this requires customized ANT plugins. It's easier for me to install these on Windows, so that's why we do so.

The Rational Build Agent is installed on IBMi and handles all the Dependency builds, package and deploy "builds"

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.