It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Show incoming work items option hides all incoming change sets from baselines

Jens Dehnert (813) | asked May 07 '15, 3:50 a.m.
edited Aug 02 '16, 8:52 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
Hi,
I am using RSA with RTC 5 in our project. I am not sure, if this is a bug or desired. Anyways it looks a little strange to me.
So I have a workspace which is flowing with a stream. That stream has certain baselines. I want to accept only the changes of a certain set of work items. In the regular pending changes view I can see there are baselines with some change sets for one of the work items (say x). However if I switch to the "show incoming work items" option in the pending changes view (cool feature btw), I can not see the incoming work item x listed. Furthermore I can not see the baseline.
Is this a bug of a feature? As in, should baselines only be fully accepted before proceeding? Then this means, if someone draws a baseline, I would only be able to accept the change sets added after the baseline by first accepting the baseline?

Comments
Jens Dehnert commented May 07 '15, 3:52 a.m. | edited May 08 '15, 3:53 a.m.

PD
specific exact versions of used software are RSA version 8.0.4, RTC Jazz client and server version 5.0.2

One answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 08 '15, 4:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I tried this in 6.0 (M11) in the bundled RTC Eclipse client, and didn't see the problem you describe.  I haven't had a chance to try this with 5.0.2, so don't know if this is as issue that existed in 5.0.2 and is fixed in 6.0 (I wouldn't think this would be affected by the RSA plug-in).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.