It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there REST API for getting existing Tags values?

Terry Denney (111) | asked May 06 '15, 4:53 p.m.
edited May 07 '15, 12:48 a.m.
I notice that on work item creation, there is content assist for the Tags field, but I can't seem to find the REST API to retrieve the list of all existing Tags value across all work items. Is there such API available? Thanks!

Comments
Leif Jansson commented Mar 18 '16, 2:36 a.m. | edited Mar 18 '16, 11:19 p.m.

Can you edit Tag values with REST API ?

Or do anyone knaw another way, we got some faulty Tags in RTC ?

Donald Nong commented Mar 18 '16, 4:49 a.m.

We're talking about "reporting REST API" which is for reporting purpose, so no updating/editing. What do you mean faulty tags? You should probably open a new post for this.

Geoffrey Clemm commented Mar 18 '16, 11:18 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

To be precise, the original question was not limited to the reporting REST APIs, but rather about REST APIs in general, which would include OSLC REST APIs as well as the the internal REST APIs used by the web UI's to talk to the server (both of which allow for update, not just read access).   But I agree that a new post on "updating TAGS" would be preferable than discussing it under the "getting existing TAGs" topic. 

One answer

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered May 06 '15, 11:37 p.m.
 Yes, you can retrieve them using the reportable REST API.
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/ReportsRESTAPI
You should get something like this
<tags >|settings|serviceability|install|</tags >

Comments
Terry Denney commented May 07 '15, 12:49 a.m.

Thanks for your answer, but I am actually looking for all the existing Tags values across all work items (i.e. what the content assist for the web UI is doing).

Donald Nong commented May 07 '15, 4:35 a.m.

The URL <base url>/ccm/rpt/repository/workitem?fields=workitem/workItem/tags returns all the existing tags, but you have to process them to obtain a distinctive list. I don't see the tags being stored in any separate tables, so the content assist may just do the same thing described earlier (it may get the content from the index though).

Terry Denney commented May 10 '15, 1:26 a.m.

Thank you so much for your answer! I do have it working now for tags that are in existing work items. It's interesting that the web UI's content assist actually provides the values that are from deleted work items as well!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.