It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Upgrading to Rational Team Concert 5.0.2

Leandro Leal (14614245) | asked May 06 '15, 3:28 p.m.
Hi,

I'm upgrading my server from version 4.0.6 to 5.0.2, but the 5.0.2 version have iFix 004, my question is: when i can apply the iFix, before or after of execute the migration? there are some manual to apply the iFix?

Thanks!

3 answers

permanent link
Karl Athanasiou (3121317) | answered May 06 '15, 4:35 p.m.

you can apply the fix right out of the gate.....

the manuals to "apply" the fix are in the readme in the zip you downloaded...

example of patch install instructions..

1. SERVER PATCH

Note: Before you install the server patch file CLM_server_patch_5.0.2.0-CALM502M-I20150327-1544.zip, verify that no other test fixes or hot fixes are installed. If other fixes are installed, contact IBM Software Support.

For a CLM deployment on a single server, complete the following steps once. For a distributed CLM deployment, complete the same steps on each server.

To install the server patch:

a. Stop the CLM server.
b. Verify whether the following directory exists: <server_installation_directory>/server/patch.
 -If the directory exists, back up and remove its contents.
 -If the directory does not exist, create it.
c. Copy the server patch file CLM_server_patch_5.0.2.0-CALM502M-I20150327-1544.zip into the /server/patch directory.
d. Clean the application server cache. Follow your application server's documentation on cache cleaning. Use "To clean the application cache in WebSphere" and "To clean the application cache in Tomcat" below as a reference.
e. Start the CLM server.
Note: For a distributed CLM deployment, complete the same steps on each server.

permanent link
Martha (Ruby) Andrews (3.0k44251) | answered May 07 '15, 1:27 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
The latest iFix available for 5.0.2 is iFix005. You many need to contact IBM Support to get it, if it is not on Fix Central.

Apply the iFix before migrating.

Ruby
Martha (Ruby) Andrews
Jazz Foundation L3 Development Team Lead

Comments
Leandro Leal commented May 08 '15, 3:47 p.m. | edited May 10 '15, 12:00 a.m.

Thanks! Martha/Karl,

I have another question: We need also to migrate the application server from Tomcat to Whesphere, this can be done during or after migration? there are some manual?

permanent link
Karl Athanasiou (3121317) | answered May 11 '15, 10:36 a.m.

Ummmm... Baby steps man....

do 1 first...... make sure it didn't mess anything up....... THEN do the other.....

Upgrade first... Checkout what the new version looks like.....

Kick the tires.... make sure your process isn't broken. Run Reports...

After a burn in period then do the migration from  Tomcat to WAS.

Open a PMR sev 4 with IBM letting them know what you are planning...

Biggest thing I can say is before you do anything in production is  test test test... and document.

Comments
Leandro Leal commented May 11 '15, 10:54 a.m.

well, this is not my first RTC migration,
we execute two RTC migrations in the past successfully,
Thanks!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.