It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Preconditions not working in RTC

Shuchita Tripathi (31436294) | asked May 06 '15, 8:10 a.m.
Hi,
I have precondition in RTC to make few attributes mandatory.
But those are not working. I dont see any error message in ccm.log

It was working few days back. How to check why it is not working?

RTC v5.0
Websphere v 8.5

Accepted answer

permanent link
Shuchita Tripathi (31436294) | answered May 11 '15, 5:41 a.m.
I did not do any change in configuration. However, now it is working.
Strange behavior, root cause not known,
Ralph Schoon selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 11 '15, 5:48 a.m. | edited May 11 '15, 5:48 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Maybe someone else did something? Things like this are usually configuration errors and they don't fix themselves.

Shuchita Tripathi commented May 11 '15, 5:56 a.m.

I am the only one who is handling the administration of the whole environment. No idea what happened.

I have parent child project areas in the environment. Currently, if I make any change in parent project area, it is reflected immediately in child project areas. However, it is not reflecting in parent project.
I have opened a PMR for this.
Since everything is reflecting in child project area so this is no more an urgent issue.

Ralph Schoon commented May 11 '15, 6:01 a.m.

If you refer to and use process sharing, please be aware that you should only change the process in the project area that is sharing. Then you will see the change in the project areas that share the process. If you change the process in the sharing areas, you overwrite and potentially disconnect sharing for the area you overwrite.

If you refer to team areas nested in the project area, then the levels are completely disconnected. If you change the project areas process, this does not show up anywhere else. The mechanism how this works is explained here:

Shuchita Tripathi commented May 11 '15, 6:07 a.m.
Hi Ralph,

I am changing things only in parent project area (the one which is sharing). No changes are done in child project areas.

2 other answers

permanent link
Uma venkata Lekkala (52519) | answered May 07 '15, 2:47 p.m.
 You selected for your precondition to be not applicable for child team areas. Are you still in the project area where the condition is applied? Are you logged in as the same user role where the operation behavior is set?

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered May 06 '15, 8:19 a.m.
If they were working in the past and stop working now, it is likely that someone has messed with the configuration. e.g. introduced a configuration of operational behavior for another role or maybe in another team. Then you would see something like that.

See Process behavior lookup in Rational Team Concert 2.0 for how this works across team areas and roles and check the process configuration.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.