It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Stream Strategy Implementation in RTC

Balamurugan Selvarasu (331430) | asked May 06 '15, 5:38 a.m.
edited May 06 '15, 5:54 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)
Hello All,

The below scenario I want to implement in RTC. Anyone aware of this scenario?

Under development stream: (all are checked in )

Work Item 1 – Project 1 – File 1 -  Version 1

Work item 2 – Project 2 – File 1 – Version 2

Work Item 3 – Project 3 – File 1 – Version 3

To be delivered to UAT stream:  ( following 2 work items in same deliver)

Work item 2 – Project 2 – File 1 – Version 2

To be delivered to Production stream: (only following work item)

Regards,

BalaMurugan S

Comments
Vijay Reddy Gaddam commented May 06 '15, 6:01 a.m.

Are project 1, 2 and 3 are same projects but with three different versions

Balamurugan Selvarasu commented May 06 '15, 6:07 a.m. | edited May 06 '15, 7:41 a.m.

Hi Vijay,

Yes.. You are correct. The projects are same, we are fixing three bugs in that.

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 06 '15, 6:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
You can do this kind of cherry picking e.g. by having a repository workspace for each of the streams and accepting the changes you want in there from the work item. You can also deliver change sets selectively from a repository workspace.

This capability relies on the fact, that you have to make sure not to introduce a gap between the change sets. This means, you can not have changes to the same file in any one of those change sets.
If you have a change set cs1 that modifies file 1.txt and 2.txt and later a change set csn that modifies 2.txt and 3.txt, you can not deliver csn independently from cs1 any more as this would introduce a gap.

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented May 06 '15, 7:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Please see https://jazz.net/library/article/1372 for what gaps are and how to handle them.

permanent link
Vijay Reddy Gaddam (562841) | answered May 06 '15, 6:44 a.m.
Yes it is possible but with some complexity, only if you maintain completely three different versions of a files in a project.
Maintain three components say C1, C2, C3. Share the same project for all the three components with workitems 1 ,2 and 3 respectively.
In Development Stream Have all the three components.
In UAT Stream, Have only components C2, C3.
In Production Stream, Have only Component C3.

Later you can link(as flow targets) one stream to other, and deliver the things that are only needed.
Caution: Only deliver the changes from stream to stream, but not the components.

Comments
Balamurugan Selvarasu commented May 06 '15, 6:21 a.m. | edited May 06 '15, 7:48 a.m.

In our case we are creating change sets from same file.. For eg file.txt file I am modifying and creating three change sets with respect to three bug fix.. And I want to deliver the two change sets with for two bugs to a maintenance stream.. From maintenance stream I want to deliver one change set to my production stream.

Please let me know is it possible?

Balamurugan Selvarasu commented May 06 '15, 7:04 a.m. | edited May 06 '15, 7:44 a.m.

For your information.. We have only one component that has been shared among all three streams.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.