It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Export to .pdf exports images the width of screen/cell instead of actual size?

Dennis Cody (111) | asked May 04 '15, 7:28 p.m.

Using the Rational Quality Manager 5.0.2, created test plans and test cases with images "inline" with text as part of the line. One icon is to show to create a screenshot during execution, and on the test script, it has the width of 2-3 letters, but when exporting "Export pdf", it takes the entire width of the screen.

Is there a way to have images and screenshots stay their actual size when exporting to pdf instead of scaling to the entire width of the page (or cell if using "Export Comprehensive")?

One answer

permanent link
Ian Wark (79713550) | answered May 04 '15, 10:00 p.m.
I wonder if this is related to this defect.

PDF Export does not scale images to fit viewport if the height of the image exceeds viewport height
https://jazz.net/jazz02/web/projects/Rational%20Quality%20Manager#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=119975

Comments
Ian Wark commented May 04 '15, 11:35 p.m.

I did some more testing on this. For me this issue only occurs if I drag and drop the image into the rich editor area. If I use the [Insert Image] button and insert, the image remains the same size. See this screen capture.

Drag and drop causes scaling problem

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.