It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rich Hover - Filter Displayed Content??

Dave Evans (14812646) | asked May 04 '15, 11:58 a.m.

Hi,

In the Web Client when  you hover on a work item link, the nice "Rich Hover" presentation comes up. We have a particularly complicated work item presentation which shows the "Discussion" presentation duplicated on two tabs. It appears that since there are two presentations for it, the "Rich Hover" presentation duplicates it, too... which makes for a very ugly "Rich Hover" presentation. My question is, is there any kind of key I can add to one of the presentations to make it be hidden in the "Rich Hover" display?

Thanks!

One answer

permanent link
Shawn Maclaga (1963) | answered May 06 '15, 10:26 a.m.
The "Rich Hover" presentation that you're referring to is controlled by the Inline Work Item Editor definition in the project area configuration.

To adjust this presentation from the web client:
- navigate to the project area configuration
- from the left menu, select "Work Items" then "Types and Attributes"
- select your work item type from "Choose the Work Item Type to edit:"
- in the Details section, find the row for "Inline Work Item Editor
- hover that row and click the edit (pencil) button to the right
This will navigate you to the appropriate editor presentation where you'll be able to make modifications to the inline editor. Be aware that the inline editor may be shared by multiple work item types, so exercise caution in any changes you make.

Shawn

Comments
Dave Evans commented Jul 07 '15, 3:14 a.m.

Adjusting the Inline work item editor appears to have no affect on the rich hover presentation I am talking about. The rich hover presentation appears to just concatenate all of the main editor presentations supported presentations into one pane.

Lily Wang commented Jul 07 '15, 4:09 a.m.

I can reproduce your issue in RTC v5.0.2 but I don't know how to resolve the issue. You can submit a defect in:

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.